How many of you have ONE pair of headphones??
Jan 28, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #31 of 82
I only have XB500s at the minute, but I have HE-300s in the mail and will grab some FA-004s early February, I'm also looking towards some Grados.
I wish I never discovered Head Fi.

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #32 of 82
I own several (9 at the moment incl all the low quality crap) but I only use the one I find best (that sounds best according to my taste). I usually sell above $100 headphones if they are not to my taste though however as that's quite a lot of cash just to let cover dust on the shelves but I can't be bothered to sell $50 headphones so these usually gather dust on the shelf. :)

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #33 of 82
Since i first got my set of sennheisers..I think it was the HD 477..**** just got real :p

Since i bought those senns i was hooked..Bought more and more cans, all sizes and shapes. I still by cans that i want, sometimes i buy cans that i don´t even need just cause i like to try new stuff or i want another sound signature..Well at least that´s what i tell myself and my wallet anway :p

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #34 of 82
I've had a lot at one point, but I've whittled it down to just a a few now.

I have my HF-1 for desktop use, my reshelled TF10's as my portables, and my Meelec M31 as my backup/gym pair. I don't think I'd like just one pair of headphones as I'd never dream of using my HF-1 for portable use or my customs at the gym.

Although, since my customs broke and I don't really enjoy using the M31 ALL the time, I bought a pair of AKG K518LE's to use as my main portables/backup desktop cans as well.

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #35 of 82
Only one here as well...a Fischer FA-003 and could not be more satisfied.
I have to add that I have only had one hp before this, an M50. I really liked it, but the Fischer is way better in every aspect for me.
bigsmile_face.gif

I was thinking about a portable hp for a long time...I was eyeing with the FA-004/ BW HM3, but then I saw the Maxell Retro DJ what is supposed to be the same as those, but sold for buttons now...
So I think I'll give a try with that and would sell my IEM, if it will live up to my expectations.

Jan 29, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #36 of 82
I kind of fall into this category, i only have a pair of ATH-M50 in terms of over the ear headphones right now... No amp, just an AV reciever i do not know the name of, I also have a pair of canalphones called the Vsonic: R02 Pro2 and some Skullcandy Lowriders (yeah, yeah i know) which i got for free and only one of the ear cups is now working.

Jan 29, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #37 of 82
I actually fall into this category. Currently, I only have the ES10s until my customs come back from a refit. After that, hopefully I can sell off the ES10s.

Imo custom IEMs fit the bill perfectly for being able to handle all situations.

Jan 29, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #39 of 82
Haha, only 1 pair currently, my beloved LCD-3s balanced :) Have a pair of klipsch x10s for no hassle travelling though.

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #41 of 82
My only full-size headphone is a Beyerdynamic T1. I never thought I'd spent $1300 on a headphone, but I figured it would save me money in the long run. My thought was, if I buy a flagship, I would get rid of my "upgradeitis" and finally be "satisfied." Sure enough, it worked. Since then, I've sold all my other headphones and have had no desire to buy more.

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #42 of 82
Kinda impossible for me to just have one headphone.

Main: D7000
Portable: KSC-35 (gets the most use since I use it at work)
Gaming (when I need a mic): PC360

I just need ONE more, and that's an open, velour padded substitute to my D7000 since the pleather and closed design make it hard to wear all day. I had the DT990/600 for that reason, but I want something a little easier to drive. Considering the Q701 (though I'd kill for a T1 instead) later on in life. For now, it's all about a new DAC+AMP. I want an all-in-one solution, since I want as little on my desk as possible. Close to getting either the DACMini or Burson HA 160DS, but I'm waiting to see what happens with the ODA+ODAC due out soonish.

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #43 of 82
I only have one:
-TFTA 1XB earphones for on-the-go

And at home:
-Denon D2000

I do have the Sony XB700's and the TFTA 1V but both of them are not being used - one is up for sale, the other is given to my housemate, so that he can at least enjoy his music with some good headphones :)

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #45 of 82
i wish i could end up with only 1 headphone lol. 

i have 1 dac, does that count? 
tongue.gif

i have 2 amps , i usually try not to have too many components but unfortunately i have 9 pairs of headphones and 2 pairs of iems (UE 700 and turbine golds)

my cheapest headphone is the denon d2000 followed by the k701. i have alot of mid-fi headphones and only 2 decent pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back