how many of you guys cook???
Jan 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #631 of 3,876
The Pataks curry paste I used recently is Tikka Masala, it's great with chicken or lamb if you're a meat-eater. I also really like their Korma variety, the two are great mixed together also. It was in a jar, but it is a paste. I have used some pre-mixed powders but I don't think I have tried any pre-made curry sauces. Pataks also makes an awesome mango chutney in a jar.

Peanut butter, I knew it! Maybe I will try some peanut butter in the banana chocolate chip cookies as a straight shortening substitute this time...

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #632 of 3,876
ah, Tikka Masala, I use that one also from time to time, nice with chicken.

Enjoy them Dude!

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #633 of 3,876
Quote:
Peanut butter, I knew it! Maybe I will try some peanut butter in the banana chocolate chip cookies as a straight shortening substitute this time...

That sounds interesting!  I can't wait to hear how it turns out.  I'm glad you're enjoying the recipe.

Quote:
Enjoy them Dude!

I will, and so will my co-workers.
tongue_smile.gif

Here's the pulled pork:

So tender... it literally melts in my mouth
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
  The root beer's flavor mixes incredibly well with the BBQ sauce.

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #634 of 3,876
Im Indian and I promise to put up some tasty Indian food pictures. We despise that Pataks stuff, so I'll put up some recipes as well. All easy too make, tasty and simple ingredients that you can  find everywhere. I have to say proglover, your food did look tasty.

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #635 of 3,876
Um, I'm not a guy, but I cook :)

My personal specialties are baked ziti, beef stew and white chicken chili. I also make a pretty kick-butt chocolate cake. I've recently tackled spinach fatayers (Lebanese-style spinach pies) with some success, too :) (My grandma never wrote her recipe down and lives too far to teach me, and I've been dying to make them FOREVER! I think I came pretty close to duplicating her recipe.)

Jan 10, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #636 of 3,876

Quote:
Im Indian and I promise to put up some tasty Indian food pictures. We despise that Pataks stuff, so I'll put up some recipes as well. All easy too make, tasty and simple ingredients that you can  find everywhere. I have to say proglover, your food did look tasty.

ow yes, do that please!
If you have nice currie recipes from scratch, also welcome, the way I did It wasn't better then pataks for my taste (not with all curries, but most).

Don't know what you're planning to put up, but my fiancee is from Indian origin (but born in Suriname, similarities but also differences in those kitchens) , so I did make some already....(and she also offcourse). I've been practicing for years to make a good dhal.

Jan 10, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #637 of 3,876

Quote:
Um, I'm not a guy, but I cook :)

My personal specialties are baked ziti, beef stew and white chicken chili. I also make a pretty kick-butt chocolate cake. I've recently tackled spinach fatayers (Lebanese-style spinach pies) with some success, too :) (My grandma never wrote her recipe down and lives too far to teach me, and I've been dying to make them FOREVER! I think I came pretty close to duplicating her recipe.)

welcome to our little cooking club, lol
girls are allowed too

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #638 of 3,876
I whipped up a nice beef stir fry for the family tonight (I need to add chilli and extra soy to my plate) and my banana cake is always popular.

Hey B2F001, can you include recipes with those pictures?  I love authentic Indian cooking (c:

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #640 of 3,876
Tomato bisque and grilled cheese, sounds like the ultimate "comfort food". Do share pics when you decide and make this!

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #641 of 3,876
^^^ Ah...that has to be my favorite combo. Even just some Campbells tomato soup with a really good gilled cheese is a little slice of heaven. ^^^

backtofront...I am looking forward to seeing some of your recipes. I have never had Indian food but I have had food that had some elements of it and I really enjoyed it. I can only imagine how good authentic Indian is.

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #643 of 3,876

Quote:
Quote:

And AD, what cut of pork is that, TL, shoulder, butt? Looks great, I don't know if I've had the root beer version of pulled pork but there was this one backwoods wedding where I couldn't stop eating it so maybe!

It's just a 2.3lb pork tenderloin I picked up at the supermarket.  It's what the recipe called for.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/slow-cooker-pulled-pork/Detail.aspx

I had a little taste before adding the BBQ sauce and it had a lot of flavor from the root beer.  I can't wait to taste it after it's done cooking in the BBQ sauce.
tongue_smile.gif

Dr. Pepper is really good in BBQ as well...but IMO the only way to do pulled pork is many hours hours in the smoker. I think BBQ is really the only thing that can really tempt me away from vegetarian. Nothing better than some slow smoked pork.

And on another note...my B-Day is this week (anyone that wants to send me a present, PM me for my address 
tongue.gif
) so I'll be whipping up that white chocolate cheesecake I posted about several pages back. I'll take some pictures and post them up...probably on Wednesday. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back