how many of you guys cook???
Jun 17, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #1,441 of 3,876
Thanks to Eee Pee's last post I've decided to make it to. Now I've got something to look forward to tonight.

I'm eating these until the chicken is done--almonds and pine nuts in cayenne pepper and other stuffs from my kitchen spice rack:

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #1,442 of 3,876
Probably smells pretty good in your place about now, eh?  
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #1,443 of 3,876
I finally got to eat after five hours. Four hours in the slow cooker and one hour trying to decide how to assemble it!
With apologizes to Eee Pee: I had to put it in a tortilla because I had no hotdog buns.

Shredded the chicken; then sauced it:

Slathered it; then rolled it:

Then ATE IT!

Missing in action: Blue Moon and an Orange Slice!

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #1,445 of 3,876
Busted! You're right. I didn't have any bacon so I used some bacon fat and my favorite smokey bbq sauce--Red Tail Ale BBQ. What's your favorite BBQ sauce?

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #1,446 of 3,876
Haha!  I was like, it looks like it's missing bacon, clicked on the picture to make it bigger, and what?  No bacon!  

For a generic store bought brand I like Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet and Spicy.  But I have this food truck I frequent because it has the best smoked brisket in town and great sandwich bread, and they jar up their BBq sauces, and every one of them I've had so far has been just fantastic.  Hot Habanero or red pepper flake kinda hot, to Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA based medium, to thin Carolina style, awesome.  For that crock pot dish I used another local's BBq sauce, which is pretty much just sweet tasting, no spice really, sugary, honey flavors.  I needed to get rid of it.

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #1,448 of 3,876
Lol, I had a blue moon last night too while watching the game.

I broke my glass though at some point, must've been a little bit tipsy. A friend got me that glass from Germany, luckily I have 2 of them.
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #1,450 of 3,876
I'm not a father either, nor do I have 2 fancy glasses to drink from. I also don't have a bottle of Blue Moon, nor do I have orange slices! And I'm at work too. That's right, I shouldn't be on Head-Fi seeing what y'all are up to while I'm at work.

Well, back to work.

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #1,453 of 3,876
Quote:
I must track down this Blue Moon in the UK. If I have an orange it can be one of my five a day.

Honestly, there's nothing special about Blue Moon, it's the orange that makes it.  It's very likely you can find something equal to or better than Blue Moon.  It's a mediocre Belgian White, kicked up by the orange slice.

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #1,455 of 3,876
I'm back to Holland in August. I will drink my way through Amsterdam, Leiden, and Rotterdam in search of great beer. A coworker of mine just returned from Leiden and Amsterdam and put together a list of Dutch pubs that serve many types of beer. Anyway, this is my favorite Belgian Beer. It is Leffe Blond. I am sure you can find that brand in the UK.

And when you're in Amsterdam, visit In de Wildeman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back