How many of you are sleeping with stuffed animals?
Jun 3, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #91 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Nope. Like I might have mentioned above, we're well disciplined.

What, did you learn to handle a grenade when you were 3 months old?

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #92 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
What, did you learn to handle a grenade when you were 3 months old?

Ehh, it's hard to remember that long ago. I was probably around a year old.

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #93 of 124
Quote:

Ehh, it's hard to remember that long ago. I was probably around a year old.

Awesome
biggrin.gif
. I haven't even held a paintball gun LOL.

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #94 of 124
Phah, grenades are for sissies.

Real men have late night arguments with their wives.. and then sleep in the same bed as them. Now *that* is real danger. A 'nade only goes off when you pull the pin. Angry women can go off at any time, and no girly stuffed bear will help.
icon10.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #95 of 124
I should also mention that I usually let my wife hold the grenade. Looks like I contain more man than Chuck Norris could ever dream of...
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #96 of 124
Quote:

I should also mention that I usually let my wife hold the grenade. Looks like I contain more man than Chuck Norris could ever dream of...
tongue.gif

I'de make sure I have the grenade, incase your wife gets a bit too nasty.

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #97 of 124
I don't think it's all that uncommon actually, though I'm not sure if Thaddy served.

My Grandfather kept a Grenade in his room under the bed for years, and we only found out much later on. He was embarassed about it... but apparently it was the only thing that made him feel safe during the war in the trenches.

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #98 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
I don't think it's all that uncommon actually, though I'm not sure if Thaddy served.

My Grandfather kept a Grenade in his room under the bed for years, and we only found out much later on. He was embarassed about it... but apparently it was the only thing that made him feel safe during the war in the trenches.

Nothing embarassing about that.

Jun 3, 2006 at 9:19 AM Post #99 of 124
No stuffed animals since childhood.

However, there's a real cat that likes to sleep with me. She is, unfortunately, shedding right now. Occasionally vomits, too.

As for inanimate objects, I haven't felt safe without a pair of shoes by the bed for some years now. When you live in earthquake territory, you never know when you might wake up and have to walk through broken glass. That happened to me in the 1994 quake. Even when I lived in other parts of the country, I still kept shoes by the bed.

Jun 3, 2006 at 9:26 AM Post #100 of 124
I used to have stuffed animals near the bed. I never touched them while sleeping but they were there. But then I somehow got allergic to dust mites, so they're now sitting in a plastic bag in my closet
frown.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #102 of 124
Wow, this thread is insane. IMHO I believe you are the first openly gay head-fier, although someone could probably correct me on that. Glad to see that when someone throws the insensitive "You're so gay" comment that you can handle it, albeit by returning with a bit of shock value
icon10.gif

And stuffed animals? I've been known to have a few but I haven't slept with one since I was like 6. I still have a bag of all the really used and abused ones from when I was little. Other than that I have a few beanie babies from when that craze was alive. I worked at a zoo gift shop and could get them at cost so I bought some of the more limited edition type stuff thinking maybe I could cash in before the craze was over. It blew up too soon though and now they're kinda beat up from sitting on dusty shelves or falling behind bookshelves. The one exception was the tan colored dog that looked a heck of a lot like my own personal dog Sandy. He was basically a puppy until one day he turned into an old man and got sick. He died about a year ago now, I'd had him for 11 of his 12 years. I was known to let him on the bed but usually he'd just get annoying and I'd push him back off.

Jun 3, 2006 at 3:27 PM Post #103 of 124
Gotta grab a pillow or I just cant doze off. Which is weird, I hardly ever slept with stuffed animals when I was a kid.

Jun 4, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #104 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
Wow, this thread is insane. IMHO I believe you are the first openly gay head-fier, although someone could probably correct me on that. Glad to see that when someone throws the insensitive "You're so gay" comment that you can handle it, albeit by returning with a bit of shock value
icon10.gif

And stuffed animals? I've been known to have a few but I haven't slept with one since I was like 6. I still have a bag of all the really used and abused ones from when I was little. Other than that I have a few beanie babies from when that craze was alive. I worked at a zoo gift shop and could get them at cost so I bought some of the more limited edition type stuff thinking maybe I could cash in before the craze was over. It blew up too soon though and now they're kinda beat up from sitting on dusty shelves or falling behind bookshelves. The one exception was the tan colored dog that looked a heck of a lot like my own personal dog Sandy. He was basically a puppy until one day he turned into an old man and got sick. He died about a year ago now, I'd had him for 11 of his 12 years. I was known to let him on the bed but usually he'd just get annoying and I'd push him back off.

Cuddling up with something that won't kill you / spazz at any time (women) is gay? Dude, what the ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back