How many IEM's do you own?
Feb 2, 2016 at 7:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dlayman

1000+ Head-Fier
And how many are in "regular rotation", say 1 day a week?

Six pairs for me, 3 in regular rotation.   The other three are worthy as well, just not as good as the top 3.  I should probably switch up a little more, the ones not in regular use may sound different / better than I remember them.  Also have two well respected full-sized cans that don't get much regular use, including Senn HD600.

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #2 of 8
Pretty much I use 3 regularly with a DAP for each. I had 8-9 at one stage but it becomes overwhelming when you tend to dedicate your listening time to your favourite gear only. 3 is enough to keep switching things up and keep boredom at bay. If you haven't used something for a few months move it on, no point keeping it around imo. That's natural selection telling you that piece of gear needs to go.

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 8
Too many! I keep buying them trying to find what I am looking for, then I go back to a set that I have not used in a while and sometimes become amazed at how good they sound! But to be honest, " I still haven't found what I'm for!" At my last count about 4 sets in regular use and another 6 in my spares box, oh and my Sennheiser HD598's.

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 8
have got 2 right now... thinking if i should i get a third one, but im afraid that it would not be useful. how do you all manage so many iems ?!

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 8
had 10+ at one point including se846 and w60, sold them all after the andromeda, never heard anything better 

woah. and how did you rotate them for usage ?

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #7 of 8
I have way too many, look at my signature.

So many have to go, will probably do a end of year sale :wink:

My current heavy rotation iems:
Noble K10
AAW AH3Pro custom
FLC 8S
Aurisonics ASG 2.5, Harmony
JVC HA-FX850
RHA T20
Shozy Zero
LZ-A3

I use one iem for 2-3 days then swap. Use them mostly at work and sometimes when out and about. It helps me for reviews to change a lot and stay alert about the differences.

Next to review is W80 - am very excited to hear that one soon.

Cheers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back