How many hours a week do you listen to music (includes multitasking)
Aug 25, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #16 of 31
On a vacation week with no classes a solid 50-100 hours.

With classes, or if I'm in the mood for watching movies/YouTube/playing games that week, more like 30-50.

Aug 25, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #17 of 31
Lol I love silence. Makes my music much more enjoyable. Nothing is better then pitch darkness, no noise, and quiet music.

How can it be silent when there is music playing?
What I meant is that I hate it when there is no sound around me at all; makes me nervous.
Of course I prefer to listen to my music with no background noise, and at night quiet music is lovely. It's just that complete silence makes me nervous.

Aug 25, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #18 of 31

Quote:
How can it be silent when there is music playing?
What I meant is that I hate it when there is no sound around me at all; makes me nervous.
Of course I prefer to listen to my music with no background noise, and at night quiet music is lovely. It's just that complete silence makes me nervous.

Well trust me sometimes I like to just sit back and have absolute silence for once.

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #19 of 31
5 Hours during the week, I listen to a local sports radio station most of the day, so its all night listening. Weekends it just depends how much I'm at the computer, so 5-12. 

Aug 26, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #21 of 31
Its actually more that 100 hours since i listen to my headphones 3-4 hours, than my speakers 10 hours and my radio 10 hours. So a total of 168 hours.

You do realize that implies you never sleep? That means that you listen to music literally 24/7.
Unless you count listening to music while sleeping as well.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #22 of 31

Quote:
You do realize that implies you never sleep? That means that you listen to music literally 24/7.
Unless you count listening to music while sleeping as well.

Ya, i listen to my radio on my 1250, that counts, dont it

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #24 of 31
I'd encourage those that listen to music >12 hours a day to get a life. Maybe talk to someone...

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #25 of 31

Quote:
I'd encourage those that listen to music >12 hours a day to get a life. Maybe talk to someone...

I listen around 8-10 hours a day. That won't ever stop because music is my life.

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #26 of 31
You can talk to someone while listening to music.

But I don't get how you can listen to music while you're doing work or during lessons.

12 hours is a bit too much, unless you count leaving your speakers on while you're asleep.

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #27 of 31
I find doing anything aside from listening to music whilst, well, listening to music inevitably ends up with me solely...listening to music.
Also, 12 hours! A day! As for talking to people, many people are faintly offended if when they try to talk to you instead of stopping your music and paying attention you continue to listen, especially if you don't even bother making eye contact.

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #28 of 31
I agree.
Unless with 'talking' he meant instant messaging, or with 'listening to music' as having music playing softly on the background where both people can hear it equally loud.

Aug 31, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #29 of 31
At least an hour a day of listening to music with the intention of listening to music fully submerged (Closed eyes meditative pose etc :wink:

roughly 2 to 4 hours a day as background music when multitasking.

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #30 of 31
I'd wager 7 hours a day (breakfast eaten alone, 4 hours of studying, 2 hours of relaxing, maybe an hour of driving or walking campus) and up to an hour of concentrating on the music. I find physics to be far more difficult without music in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back