How many hours a day are you on the computer?
Jan 29, 2004 at 12:25 PM Post #32 of 42
About 10 hours a day at work (work + fun) and then another 3 or 4 at home (fun ++). Rather pathetic, actually...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 29, 2004 at 2:23 PM Post #33 of 42
i work on a PC for 8 hours straight at work and then 3-6 hours after. what the hell is wrong with me?? Why can't I get the to the end of the internet???

I think the internet is siphoning my soul... like those Skexies in the The Dark Crystal, sucking the life-juice from the poor little Pod people...

lucky i have a tolerant girlfriend!
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2004 at 2:37 PM Post #34 of 42
Pretty much all day, but I usually have things to keep me occupied.

One good thing about the Internet is that you're -usually- always taking in knowledge(whether most of it is useful or not is debatable), whether it be reading about headphones, news stories, etc. Also, most of my music listening is done at my computer, and I definitely need a lot of that
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm with Archangel, I'd say most of the time I'd rather stay at home and relax(not necessarily on the computer) than go out and party with my friends.

Jan 29, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #36 of 42
when i'm done work and at home, if i'm not doing something like cleaning, then i'm probably at the computer. i like it because i can do stuff but still listen to music.

on the weekends i'm out of the house more, but on weekdays i like to come home and play on headfi for a couple hours.

personally, i don't mind it at all. i guess i wish i was reading a little more...

Jan 29, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

So with all this computer time logged, when do you listen to music?

Music is one of the driving factors behind my 'extreme' computer usage. I have my system set up about three feet away from my computer, so when I'm online, I'm listening to music. So, if you were to ask me how many hours a day I spend listening to music, it might be close to the time I spend on the computer. Actually my time on the computer is less than I previously expected. It's more like 6-8 hours instead of 10.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 29, 2004 at 8:48 PM Post #39 of 42
Too much. Even this happened to me several times: I was working on a computer when someone came to my room and ask for a book. The book was lying on a shelf up to the monitor. Instead of using my arm and finger to point the shelf, I "logically" used my mouse & pointer. Suddenly the pointer stopped on the edge of a screen
confused.gif
. A second later I realized the shelf is outside of the screen
rolleyes.gif
.....If the pointer would continue it will be a proof that I am in the Matrix
biggrin.gif

Yeah and about the non-stop working: I remember once I had to finish electrical clutch drawings - by hand. I have spent non-stop 36 hours by drawing it....Surprisingly I was "just" tired after that. Not my university fellow, who spent more then 48 hours on his....when I met him afterwards, he told me: "I just see you twice
very_evil_smiley.gif
."

Jan 30, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #40 of 42
8 hours in fromt of the Computer at work, and about 5-6 at home. Should make it 13-14 hours a day, damn, I'm a geek.

Jan 31, 2004 at 2:35 AM Post #42 of 42
I'm in front of my PC a truly sickening number of hours daily (and pretty much 7 days/week). Don't even want to venture a guess, but probably something similar to Joi... perhaps more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back