How many hours a day are you on the computer?
Jan 28, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #16 of 42
My job is computer-related, so I'm on the computer all day, every day. I average about 12 hours (9 am - 9 pm, including meal breaks) working at my computer and about 3 hours playing (e.g. writing e-mail, posting on Head-Fi, etc.) for a total of 15 hours. I sleep a bit, get up early, do a bit of exercise, then start the routine again.

D.

Jan 28, 2004 at 7:10 AM Post #17 of 42
I work at a computer all day. Pretty boring sometimes. I find myself visiting this forum constantly.

Weekends, my computer usage goes way down, unless I have a project to work on.

Also, my home theater is based arond a computer too, if watching DVD's on it counts, than the computer time goes up even more.

I suppose I soak in EM fields 24/7. As there's a computer in every room. I'm surrounded by them.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Jan 28, 2004 at 7:16 AM Post #18 of 42
When I'm home I'm on my computer, with few exceptions. On the average day after work around 3 to 4 hours, days off around 10 hours or so.

Jan 28, 2004 at 2:00 PM Post #20 of 42
I spend far too many hours in front of a computer. I'm guessing 8 hours a day at least.

As i'm off work at the moment, I have little else to do except listen to my music and play with my computer (the time is split between Head-Fi and working on my website).

Jan 28, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #21 of 42
Well for me I guess it is 4-5 hours .
Sometimes more but as a student I do some assignments and chatting with friends and family as well .

Sometimes it is longer if I play games ( weekends ) , I`ve never been much of a party man and I like it best being alone .

Jan 28, 2004 at 10:06 PM Post #23 of 42
So with all this computer time logged, when do you listen to music?

I probably total two to three hours a day on the PC, broken up over the afternoon and evening, but it's too easy for me to let the computer become a black hole that swallows all my leisure. What I don't do is mix computing and music, but I gather others do.

Head-Fi gets addictive. I keep checking back in to see what's up and who's posting. Funny, I feel like I know people I've never seen or heard, but I've never participated in a forum like this before.

BW

Jan 28, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
I suppose I soak in EM fields 24/7. As there's a computer in every room. I'm surrounded by them.
biggrin.gif

Do you glow in the dark during blackouts??
tongue.gif
You would have be really useful during the big one last year!

Seriously though, I'm in the same boat you are. At least forums like this are a great time waster!
biggrin.gif
(and now to go home...and get on the computer again!)

Jan 28, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by Bill Ward
So with all this computer time logged, when do you listen to music?

I listen to CDs and/or MP3s through headphones (of course) while I work. At home, a radio or stereo is usually on.

Wherever I am, there's usually music (or news) playing... unless I'm sleeping, that is.
tongue.gif

D.

Jan 29, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #28 of 42
Im on only about 1-2 hours a day...usually less
eek.gif

I dont see the point in staring at a computer screen for so long, I have better things to do!
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #29 of 42
I used to be online for about 2 hours a day (from 9 till 11), but I've started being on less lately, and my mom is like...NO COMPUTER...so, I wasn't on head-fi at all yesterday. On Monday, I had off from school and so I was on for nearly the whole day, although not always doing stuff.

Jan 29, 2004 at 11:17 AM Post #30 of 42
My average could be like 4-6 hours, but sometimes I really wish there were no computers or cell phones! I could spend more time with my girlfriend, friends, family, go out to nature, etc...
Computer sometimes really makes me nervous! I don't play games, because I tend to get very angry and I don't want to get a heart attack at a young age!
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back