How many heaphones do you have? And why?
Jun 24, 2009 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 122

VALIENTE

1000+ Head-Fier
I have only 1. Grado SR 60.

I use it mostly on rock music and also on some music rich in vocals.

I plan to buy:

Denon AH-D2000 for pop, RnB, and new wave music &
AKG K701 for classical & orchestral music.

I want to have 3 headphones, maximum.

How about you guys, how many headphones do you have? What are those headphones? And why those headphones? Do you need more headphones?

I'm just making a research...
darthsmile.gif

================================================== ================

Addendum Question: What is the ideal number of headphones must every headfier have?
a. 1
b. 2
c. 3
d. ___, please fill your number

For me, I would go for c.3. How about you guys? Kindly choose an answer.

Jun 24, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 122
Valiente, my advice to you is to be happy with just one pair. As you can see from sigs of many Head-Fiers, its an addiction. If I were you, I'd spend my money entertaining the beautiful women of the Phillipines, not buying headphones, amps and all the other junk this hobby brings into your life.
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think if you so many it's starting to become an obession. ie having every model from several phone makers.

I have 1 IEM and 1 open headphone.

Yes, but how many have you gone through to find the sound you like? I think I'm still in the experimental phase, albeit on the lower end of the head-fi food chain.

So yeah, I've got quite a few.

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 122
I've gone through quite a few cans until finding the ones I'm really happy with (my Ultrasones). I'll end up selling my Audio Technica cans, as well as my M-Audio Q40, Alessandro MS-1 and Senn HD205... they're all like brand new, since I rarely use them these days. I plan on keeping the AKG K271S and my everyday IEMs (Atrio M5s).

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #6 of 122
I only have one--Grado SR60. Thinking about purchasing an Audio-Technica ATH-M50 to complement my current headphone.

For the past 4 years, I've had only the SR60 because I don't want to experiment... Sounds weird, but I'm afraid that this will become an addiction and an obsession and that before I know it, I will have sunk most of my money into this hobby. Just lurking around the past few days have already caused me to become intrigued and to seriously consider the Beyerdynamic DT 48 E as a closed-headphone complement to my SR60 instead of the ATH-M50, increasing my budget by three-and-a-half times!

I have to get away for a while...

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #7 of 122
I have a pair of HD-280, but I never wear them because I find them uncomfortable. I also have EP-630s for whenever I'm on the go. As a college student, I don't really have the money to spend on expensive headphones so I do with what I've got. I'm planning on saving a bit of money in the near future to purchase a nice pair of cans though.

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 122
I tend to keep one pair. My wallet just cant handle buying new headphones without selling the old. Actually no, I tend to have one of each type, (IEM, open, closed, portable) but thats it.

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #9 of 122
I have 4. The K271s are neutral, DT220s are somewhat bright and a bit more portable, KSC75s are for brightness and a bit of bass along with portability, EX082s are my iems.

Future:
The Floats are when I want warmness, QP85s when I want an analytical sound, JH|5 or UE4 when I need isolation and uber portability, and SR-007s for speed and details, and occasional bass craving.

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #10 of 122
About a dozen. And three pairs of speakers.
smily_headphones1.gif

But I'm in the process of consolidating. If I can pick up the OmegaII in the For Sale Forum, I think I'll sell another 3-4 pairs to offset it. I just sold a few pairs to pay for the HD-800, and that worked out pretty well.

Why did I have so many? Because I was curious about them. I wanted to know what each of them sounded like. Now that I've had lots of full-sized open headphones, it's time to slim down the collection.

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #11 of 122
Right now I own:

Grado sr60i
Allesandro MS1
Sennheiser HD555
Audio Technica ath M-50
Ultrasone HFI 550

Ive owned:
Bose In ear headphones
confused_face_2.gif

x2 Audio Technica ATHad700

Coming:
Ultrasone HFI700

Want to try:
Ultrsone HFI650 or 680 and HFI2200ULE
Alessandros MS1i

I decided to keep and Utrasones Sennheisers and Alessandros for now, the grados and M50s are up for sale. I might be selling the HFI550s if I like the HFI 700s better, so if anyone is interested PM me.

I decided to keep the ultrasones because I like how they sound with movies and for closed cans I like the sound better. And the Allesandros I like to use with my Digital piano and for music. The sennheisers I like to listen to Classical and live CDs with
k701smile.gif

Im only <2 months into this hobby.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #13 of 122
I currently own three pairs, Grado SR80, Audio Technica M50 and Sennheiser HD650.
Main: HD650 can listen to any kind of music with these.
Portable/Movie: got these as my portable when I'm in labs and public and really enjoy to watch movies with them.
The SR80 are to compliment my M50 and HD650 because they are just so open, nice treble extension and light on the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back