How many headphones you bought on a whim?
Aug 18, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 15
Many of them. The DT48 was a happy surprise; I was the only active member with a pair when they arrived.

The K-701 was howlingly disappointing, though. The Stax Aperio Alpha 1 was wretched, too.

I spent a bit of time considering the Sennheiser HD-800. Too expensive on one hand, but its sound won me over. I sold six or seven pairs and used that money to buy it. No regrets.

Aug 20, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #5 of 15
Way too many over the years since joining here.  Now I'm down to three 'keepers:'  HD650, Q701, and Grado RS1i.  I actually enjoy all three and have given up looking over the fence for greener grass.

Aug 20, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #6 of 15

Quote:
Many of them. The DT48 was a happy surprise; I was the only active member with a pair when they arrived.

The K-701 was howlingly disappointing, though. The Stax Aperio Alpha 1 was wretched, too.

I spent a bit of time considering the Sennheiser HD-800. Too expensive on one hand, but its sound won me over. I sold six or seven pairs and used that money to buy it. No regrets.

Might I ask why you found the 701s so disappointing? 

Aug 20, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
Did you regret it afterwards?

Thinking about getting sporta/porta pros/ksc75 , even though i don't really need them. 

For about $15 or so over here for the Koss KSC75 it's hard to be disappointed by them. Great value headphones that I'm using them right now even though I have plenty of better headphones :D

Aug 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #11 of 15
Pioneer HDJ-1000, used them for about a week, returned them, bought my SR80is and never looked back!

Aug 21, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #12 of 15
Aiaiai TMA-1

Bought on site based on looks alone. Sounded decent in the store but when I got them home found they were too bass bloated on everything, so I quickly sold them off.

Aug 21, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #13 of 15
I bought the Magnum v2.5 on impulse after browsing the FS forums (which I really should stop doing since I usually don't plan on buying stuff) but no regrets so far. It sounds great and haven't been able to stop listening to them.

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #15 of 15
Just bought the Ety HF2
Apparently they don't fit my Sony, so i use them through the amp.
What is even more strange is it has the same plug as the Sony headset, but the ground and mic wires are swapped
Gonna DIY an adapter and see what happens (didnt find any on ebay O_o)

Edit:
it was on a whim because i saw them for 120 usd in a local shop. buying these from abroad will add ~40$ for shipment and 20$ taxes.
I couldn't resist. always wondered how BA sound like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back