How many headfiers here are enjoying music with AKG K701?
Nov 5, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #121 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again, I accept what you are saying, but the impressions I've read from people like Skylab and HeadphoneAddict seem to mesh with my own, at least on the limited amount of gear I've been able to hear over the last 8 or so months. When that happens, you begin to value someone else's opinion - even when it differs from yours, you can usually see where they are coming from. The big problem with the 701, at least in this forum. is that it seems to polarise opinions, and neither side is willing to give an inch. I respect most of what Uncle Erik has to say on many things, but I've learnt to skim his posts in any thread on the 70* series simply because I know how quickly things can go downhill. I cant think of any other headphone that causes so much friction on Head-Fi.

Are they agreeing with what YOU are actually are hearing? Or, is what your hearing MADE to agree with someone else's observations? Learning to listen isn't easy and has pitfalls! The Music is yet another tool to be USED in grading a components value. You do this at the expense of the Music and the emotional message that drew you to it in the first place.

My best moments in Music occurred when I was 6 years old. And I snuck my "six transistor" Radio under the pillow and got the A.M. skips at night and heard evil early Rock and steaming Hot Blues and even hotter Jazz! Country and Classical! That was through a muffled pillow and a 1.5 in. speaker. and I couldn't have been happier. Of course I fell asleep and the batteries ran down...but Grandma was the battery connection.

Listen to Music more, and focus less on the gear... and you'll be happier! This is experience talking! You can't control opinions of People and this debate is polarizing. Two Camps! But the Pro Camp does have less experience IN ALL (not all) than the other side. So who is right? Who is wrong? You all are, if you believe a side has to be taken!! We do need more tolerance AND more educating going on here!

IMO (every thread response should start like that) I believe the K701/702 not worth the effort or money I put into it to make a balanced music presentation...in the end I never got it!
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back