How many GB do you have?
Oct 10, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #61 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maxtor is no more. It was bought by Seagate quite some time ago actually.

Oh Yeah
redface.gif
redface.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #64 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maxtor IMHO are the best

For what little it's worth, my experience has been the exact opposite. Of drives I've had fail in the past 5 years, every single one has been a Maxtor (about 7 of them). I think my last one gave up the ghost about a year ago; they're all dead now and I refuse to buy anymore. But I've still got an ancient 13GB Quantum and 20GB WD kickin it 24/7 in my server.

Even my DeathStar outlasted my Maxtors and is still running.

Anyway, anyone's individual experience is pretty worthless since the sample size is so small. I stick to Seagate myself.

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #70 of 124
I have two drives, a Seagate barracuda (320GB) and a WD (250GB).

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #72 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by ziplock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
800GB... Looking to expand over 1TB in the near future. $109 for 500GB Seagate drives at Fry's Electronics is hard to pass up.

This is true. Fry's has some really good deals. The 500 GBs are the best deals right now. I am tempted even though I really don't need it. I have a 320 Seagate and a 250 WD; however, my external is a 4 year old 80Gb WD. It is working great for my thesis data and all other thesis documents I have. I am feeling like I might get the 500GB Seagate so I can have that fast firewire connection. It would be great for running modelbuilder in ArcGIS.

Oct 13, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #74 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by zle83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is true. Fry's has some really good deals. The 500 GBs are the best deals right now. I am tempted even though I really don't need it. I have a 320 Seagate and a 250 WD; however, my external is a 4 year old 80Gb WD. It is working great for my thesis data and all other thesis documents I have. I am feeling like I might get the 500GB Seagate so I can have that fast firewire connection. It would be great for running modelbuilder in ArcGIS.

They can be had for cheaper if you're patient. I picked up my 500gb Maxtor from Comp USA for just $99 and I suspect come Black Friday, the prices will plunge even further. I know a couple years ago I scored a 200gb Seagate on Black Friday for $30 when the retail was about $130.

Oct 13, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #75 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They can be had for cheaper if you're patient. I picked up my 500gb Maxtor from Comp USA for just $99 and I suspect come Black Friday, the prices will plunge even further. I know a couple years ago I scored a 200gb Seagate on Black Friday for $30 when the retail was about $130.

:O Could you perhaps help me buy and ship to about 10 500GB hard drives this coming Black Friday?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back