How many DAP's do you have?
Aug 13, 2019 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Steve B.

New Head-Fier
Within the last 6 months I bought the Fiio M9, but then the FIIO M11 came out, so I bought that too, and then I also bought the iBasso DX220. Will I buy the M11 Pro when it comes out? Probably...

Am I crazy? I think so....

Anyone else buy more DAPs than they need?

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 6
I use to, but now I'm just sticking with my Opus#1s and V40. They do everything I need, and both sound great. If you are looking to add yet another dap to your collection, maybe take a look at the Hiby R5. It looks promising. Not sure how it will compare to the M11.

Aug 14, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 6
I bought the 64gb iPod Photo (Gen 4) in 2004. Still going strong, upgraded to a 400gb SD card.

Aug 14, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 6
I used to have 2 daps, the fiio x5 gen 3, and the a&k sr15. I find the sr15 100x better in every way. So i sold the x53. Im not sure ill go back to fiio ever again. Software is lacking and i find they sound kinda boring without having to dish out another couple hundred on amp attachments that should of been included from the beginning.

Im going to stick with a&k or sony.

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #5 of 6
Am I crazy? I think so....
yes you are.

I have 4 DAPs that I can see this instant on my desk, and haven't been able to get below owning 6 in the last 5 or so years. it's kind of stupid, irrational, and as I'm not the collector type, I consider it a side effect of not being able to find a single DAP that actually satisfies me. so I have the one with the super cool UI that's easy to use in the pocket, I have the super small stuff, the stuff with a recent Bluetooth chip, the DAP with really convenient handling of audiobooks, the DAP that happens to measure a little better than the rest, the one that I only have to charge every other week... if I was really fine with a given DAP, I'd get rid of all the rest without a second thought.

luckilly it's not the same mess with IEMs... :deadhorse: :weary:

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #6 of 6
I have three DAPs, a FiiO X3 2nd generation, a FiiO M6, and a Cayin N3. I really hate the M6, but I use it at work, feeding a Schiit Magni 3 amp. Its SD card has flacs that I ripped from my CDs. The Cayin stays at home, with an SD card containing art music ("classical" music) that I purchased as downloads. Its USB audio out goes to either of my DACs, but I send DSD audio via line out straight to a headphone amp. The SD card in my trusty X3ii has most of my other download purchases - jazz, rock, funk, pop, and other stuff on flac and an embarrassing number of mp3s. Digital coax out from the X3ii to either DAC in the home rig.

It works for my current needs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back