How Many Cds/Lps Do You Own?
Nov 15, 2002 at 1:12 PM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Excuse me for sounding dumb for asking, but if you don't have much music to listen too, what good is all that equipment??
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Good point--I wonder what the ratio is of money spent on equipment versus money spent on "software?" I think my software exceeds the amount I've spent on equipment by a factor of 2 to 1.

Nov 15, 2002 at 9:55 PM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
Occasionally I might listen to the radio for the latest music, but what good is hihg-end equipment for the radio anyway?

Truth of the matter is, I'd be happy listening to my current CD collection for the next twenty years. At least I like to think I will. Though I'm only 18, so what do I know.
biggrin.gif

absolutely not curious to hear other music? not curious to see what's so damn great about Wish You Where Here even? I mean, c'mon, listening radio for the newest music? well...it does explain not wanting to buy new music
rolleyes.gif
cycling through 60 CDs beats the living daylights out of cycling through 15, believe me, I've been there. and I'm probably just as snobby about my music as you about yours.

Nov 15, 2002 at 10:20 PM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
That's what a lot of my friends say actually. Why so much equipment for so little music?

But I cycle through the 15 or so CD's I listed above, and I just don't get sick of listening to the same music. Strange, I know. I guess I'm just a bit snobbish when it comes to the music I listen to. I'd log on average 2 hours a day listening to music, or 2-3 CD's. Occasionally I might listen to the radio for the latest music, but what good is high-end equipment for the radio anyway?

Truth of the matter is, I'd be happy listening to my current CD collection for the next twenty years. At least I like to think I will. Though I'm only 18, so what do I know.
biggrin.gif

I dont' think that is snobbish at all! SO what if you're perfectly happy listening to the same CD's over and over again. Many of us have CDs we spent good money on and haven't listened to for months or even years! You may decide later to buy more, and by listening to the radio you get to audition it for free so that when and if you do buy it, it's a slam dunk that you'll like it.

Don't let anyone here convince you that you have to own 1000 CDs and 10 headphones. If you are content with what you have, enjoy the music! And, it might be a good idea not to spend time here!!!! We have a way of making people spend money they don't want to/have!!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 11:13 PM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
absolutely not curious to hear other music? not curious to see what's so damn great about Wish You Where Here even? I mean, c'mon, listening radio for the newest music? well...it does explain not wanting to buy new music
rolleyes.gif

I actually borrow CD's from the library sometimes to listen. I've borrowed that Pink Floyd album before, it was good, but only something I would listen to once or twice.

And if you have experience with some of the better radio stations here in Australia, ie. non-commercial, non-pop (not that I'm dissing pop), you'd be surprised at the quality of music which we get.

Nov 15, 2002 at 11:16 PM Post #50 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
I dont' think that is snobbish at all! SO what if you're perfectly happy listening to the same CD's over and over again. Many of us have CDs we spent good money on and haven't listened to for months or even years! You may decide later to buy more, and by listening to the radio you get to audition it for free so that when and if you do buy it, it's a slam dunk that you'll like it.

Don't let anyone here convince you that you have to own 1000 CDs and 10 headphones. If you are content with what you have, enjoy the music! And, it might be a good idea not to spend time here!!!! We have a way of making people spend money they don't want to/have!!!
biggrin.gif

Believe me, I intend to improve my collection. I am sure that I spend more time in CD stores listening to music than anyone here (well most), we have a store called Borders, where you can listen to any CD in the store. I do plenty of auditioning, just not a lot of buying.

BTW. I just counted my CD's, I have 33, but could only recall about 15 of the most used earlier.

Nov 15, 2002 at 11:22 PM Post #51 of 51
Glad to hear it HappymaN!! So many of us enjoy our music so much we want others to find that same enjoyment we do, and at times we take it personally when they don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back