How many Asians in here?
Dec 6, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #31 of 392
Cantonese here! The Hong Kong headphone enthusiast population is absolutely massive: the HK equivalent of Head-fi has 12k members, 0.17% of Hong Kong's population, so I'm not surprised that quite a few have joined Head-Fi.

Dec 6, 2006 at 12:08 PM Post #33 of 392
100% whitetrash here.
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 1:36 PM Post #35 of 392
My friend works in a store and he says that the Indians are usually the cheapest customers and always trying to bargain down the prices as if they're still in India. It gets annoying he tells me but other than that, they are nice even if they never smile.

Dec 6, 2006 at 1:52 PM Post #36 of 392
Technically I believe that the posted price is just an 'offer to bid, or negotiate on the price.'

I had a law professor tell me something like that. I agree most Indians are very nice. sans the thugees.

I heard a lot of indian outsourcing is coming back or moving to someplace else b/c the wealth of the people is increasing so it's no longer ultra cheap/ultra profitable.

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #37 of 392
Asian as well.

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #38 of 392
Indian people are definately the cheapest people out there, I should know
smily_headphones1.gif

Its part of who we are. Asian people in general have some of the highest income in this country, and we still have to try and bargain down sale/demo/clearance priced items.

The day this is not the norm, is the day you must worry about the world ending
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #40 of 392
funny the other day i was in the lab and i heard a couple guys speaks about how asian people put salt on all the fruits they eat. they were confused about what salt does to the fruits and said how they would never do that.

Dec 6, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #44 of 392
Asian here that got "transplanted" to US when I was before 1 year old. The good old days when I don't want any cans or amps...just a milk bottle and a nipple
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #45 of 392
100% asian, I can speak Cantonese (not my primary language) as my grandparents don't speak or understand English. Not all Asians are cheap, some are worst than others. My uncle who's a doctor in our family is the worst when it come to being a cheap ass. He's so cheap he makes me look downright generous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back