How loud do you listen to music.
Jun 26, 2003 at 6:55 PM Post #16 of 41
I probably listen to at around 60-70 db's with etys, probably less with my sporta pro's

Jun 26, 2003 at 7:01 PM Post #17 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
I probably listen to at around 60-70 db's with etys, probably less with my sporta pro's

Less with open sporta pros? Why? Etys isolation is supposed to help listening at lower levels...

Jun 26, 2003 at 7:35 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by scottpaul_iu
From Headroom and Head-fi shows I am certain that I listen to music at lower volume levels than a lot of people.

In that shows, do you agree with other people's opinions about bass, etc in the same gear? You know, some gear change performance according to the level...

Jun 26, 2003 at 7:39 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by sacriste
In that shows, do you agree with other people's opinions about bass, etc in the same gear? You know, some gear change performance according to the level...

More or less, yes.
At the meets, I usually adjust the volume downward. Some of those cats listen really loud. I would be scared to fry my ears like that.

Jun 26, 2003 at 7:52 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
How can you measure the decibles?

With De Niro's voice: Are you talking to me? Because I started my reply "with speakers" and then asked the same question for cans. Actually, I used a music CD through the speakers and set the right level for my taste and leave it fixed, ran a pink noise and measure with an SPL meter and take note. Then plugged the cans, played the music CD, set a good level, used pink noise and measured with the SPL meter right over the center of the driver. In this case was about the same decibel value, but I don't know if is technically right to do this...Headroom engineers, help us!

Jun 26, 2003 at 9:35 PM Post #23 of 41
I'm gonna have to say 6-8. I think louder music gives more detail, and just plain sounds better.
600smile.gif

Jun 26, 2003 at 10:11 PM Post #24 of 41
i spent $30 or whatever for the spl meter from radio shack and i put it up against the driver after i've been listening. most music peaks up in 90db if i'm having lots of fun, but most of the time it peaks at around 80db or so.

Jun 28, 2003 at 12:36 AM Post #28 of 41
Depends on the music.

I like to have my speakers loud enough so that I can imagine the artists there in my room. My friends tell me that I always have my stereo on too loud.

Hmmm... I'll try and listen at a lower level.
redface.gif

Jun 28, 2003 at 1:02 AM Post #30 of 41
Based on the noise charts that list dB levels for common events I am in the area of 60-80 dB most of the time. Music though is like riding a powerful motorcycle sometimes you just feel the need to crank it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back