How Long Will Our Customs Last? Vinyl vs Silicon
May 25, 2009 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

lisztian420

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

So I placed an order for custom remolding last nite. I spoke to a really helpful customer service guy(Sam) and he told me that Silicon will get better seal and it is more comfortable but it will turn yellow and crack pretty soon. He suggested that I should order my remold in Vinyl material
confused.gif

SO the question is how long do customs normally last? I heard 3 to 4 years but I am not sure if that number is right as Sam told me that it will last about 2 years
confused_face_2.gif
Please share some input in this topic as I have the next 3 days to change my order before my IEMs get to China
wink.gif
thanx!

May 25, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #3 of 15
When I discussed this with my audiologist when I first got customs (Livewires T1s) he indicated that if they were looked after (normal use but not banged around, and kept clean, in a container when not used) his experience was approximately ten years use.

May 25, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I discussed this with my audiologist when I first got customs (Livewires T1s) he indicated that if they were looked after (normal use but not banged around, and kept clean, in a container when not used) his experience was approximately ten years use.

the threadstarter may be talking about the reshaping of the ears. Even though as an adult, apparently our ears still slightly change in shape every 3-4 years and usually you can get your customs re-casted or something for a smaller nominal fee. It is an interesting question because I also have Livewires T-1's.

May 25, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #5 of 15
yeah yeah.... I think so! I have read how adults ears shapes do change over 3 to 4 years. But I am guessing not a lot! Today I went to an audiologist and she told me that I have some of the biggest ear canasl she has ever seen!!
biggrin.gif
I dunno why,.. but I feel so proud
wink.gif

May 25, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #6 of 15
nuthin to be proud of bro, quit stickin your fingers in there!
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #9 of 15
Very Nice!! I am looking forward to my first custom. I am getting one with UM. They are really really nice! Basically I spent two hours chatting with the manager and he told me that he is confident that with old Superfi 5 Pro will sound close to the
with a driver upgrade. The whole thing is about $350
smily_headphones1.gif
I will post a review after I get them back!!

May 26, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #11 of 15
my acrylic are very comfortable and i assume long-lasting though i have had them only for a half year. sleek customs by the way. with a proper fit (that is troublesome when they must be moulded outside of the country of manufacture - i will have to send mine back for the 2nd time! and get a re-fit).

i don't feel a thing other than a bit stuffy!

May 26, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #12 of 15
my acrylic are very comfortable and i assume long-lasting though i have had them only for a half year. sleek customs by the way. with a proper fit (that is troublesome when they must be moulded outside of the country of manufacture - i will have to send mine back for the 2nd time! and get a re-fit).

i don't feel a thing other than a bit stuffy!

May 26, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #13 of 15
cool! I am glad to know that the acrylic molds are comfy! I ordered them a few days ago because I was told that the soft silicon don't last very long and tend to turn yellow after some time
frown.gif
Anyways... thanx for your reply shigzeo
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #14 of 15
liszt, could you kindly post up a contact for UM? would love to contact about doing some customs too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back