How long to burn in a pair of HD555's?
Jul 25, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by potato28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed that the bass really takes a back seat and the mids flourish after 150 hours, but I also have well over 2,000 hours on my 555's.

I guess how burn-in process was done really plays an important role.. See, mine just improved in the bass department at the end and mids are still mediocre...

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think some pairs might need more burn in than others. My 555s were crap out of the box and improved 500% with burn in. Give your cans 50 hours of loud pink noise and if there is no difference then just enjoy them. If it still improves, keep adding 24 hours until you notice no more change in sound

Yes, totally agree.. 555's improve grand after/during break-in
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by walls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know a lot of people say that they dont really warrent an amp but mine sound really great when paired with my LD 2++. Also they are a little picky about the source, they absolutley shine when used with a decent CD player as the source but leave just a tiny bit on the table when using my I-Pod as the source.

Yeah, my Little Dot MK III literally strengthens the bass and the overall hi-fi sound.. An amp is really a plus for these cans
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:08 AM Post #19 of 20
Sorry about all my separate replies, I guess I've got to multi quote from now on
redface.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wrote some strange 'hour-marks' because I noticed a soundable difference in the cans and then I wrote what has changed. I really needn't a brand new pair of 555's to compare what's changing.. I know change happens during break-in..

Since I have neither the means nor the will to argue with that, so I'll accept it as it is
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back