How long can a cat live without food and water?
Jul 17, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #46 of 60
Quote:
What is with all these new members dragging up relics of threads long dead? I think it must be some kind of trend. Some kind of ridiculous, absurd trend.

Head-fi is becoming more and more popular it seems, so threads here come up more often as search results.

edit: I just searched "how long can a cat live without food" on google, and this thread came up as the 5th result. Maybe it's because of recent activity in this thread, but I doubt it was much farther back.

edit 2: "how long can a cat live without water" brings this thread up as the first result on google.

Jul 18, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #49 of 60
I logged out of my account yesterday and did the search, and I'm certain that Head-fi wasn't on the first five pages.

Whatever the case is I don't know.

Tried it today and it's the second result.

Still doesn't explain how or why someone would dig up a post like this.

I suspect that it has something to do with the revival of the HF-2...

Jul 18, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #50 of 60
Ask Stephen King
cool.gif

Jul 18, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #51 of 60
Put it in a box, don't open it. It could be alive forever!

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #53 of 60
about 9 hours ago (the time is now 3:00 pm in australia), my cat was playing in our back yard when he must have jumped the fence and must have gotten lost, its the middle of winter, so its raining like hell!, i was just wondering how long he could survive, with the posibility off drinking rainwater, we live across the street from a rather large bush area, he has no food, no water acdept rainwater, could he drink it and how long could he survive. or could he get hypothermia or something?

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #54 of 60

Quote:
about 9 hours ago (the time is now 3:00 pm in australia), my cat was playing in our back yard when he must have jumped the fence and must have gotten lost, its the middle of winter, so its raining like hell!, i was just wondering how long he could survive, with the posibility off drinking rainwater, we live across the street from a rather large bush area, he has no food, no water acdept rainwater, could he drink it and how long could he survive. or could he get hypothermia or something?

Interesting first post...

Are you in WA, cos it's 5.15pm here

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #55 of 60
The cat will drink rainwater, for sure. Food, probably a few weeks.

Cats hate rain, so my guess is your kitty got out then took shelter some place relatively dry and warm. The cat is probably waiting for the rain to let up before coming home.

I had one that really hated being wet. Sometimes she'd be out and it'd start to rain. Within a few minutes there would be pathetic wailing at the door. The first few times I assumed she was horribly injured. No, just slightly wet.

You might want to go out in the wooded area and call the cat. Take a dry towel and wrap the kitty up.

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #56 of 60
i'm pretty sure most (if not all) of the water a cat gets in the wild is from the meat of its prey. Wild cats aren't really supposed to drink water the way we do, so I think it's safe to say they can go a lot longer without water than we can. 

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #58 of 60
Poor little kitty cats! This thread makes me sad.
frown.gif

My favorite cat, named Jessie, got stuck in the wall once when the upstairs bathroom of the house I grew up in was being worked on. If I recall, he was in there for weeks. We finally found him, after hearing faint meows, by breaking down the wall with a sledgehammer. He was fine afterwards, and he lived a long life.

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #59 of 60
Our cat was stuck in a house for almost a week. She was 18 years old and living when we  found her. Weak of course and her liver had taken damage so she couldn´t really eat. Had to put her away after going to the vet. Had she been young I believe she would have made it though.

Didn´t want to have an answer but cats are damn good at sneaking into rooms when you least expect it... 

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #60 of 60
I remember the man who trained his dog not to eat.   
L3000.gif

Just when he had the mutt trained to perfection, it died on him....  
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back