'How Its Made" Anybody else addicted?
Jul 18, 2008 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Listen2this1

100+ Head-Fier
I am really addicted to this program. I am currently watching how they make airplane propellers. Simply amazing. Everything I have seen, can be made by hand but they seem to show the manufacturers that use alot of craftmanship. Much appreciated in todays mass production ways.

There are some on Youtube you can watch for the ones where the program's do not show.

Jul 18, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 25
Love it - one of my favs!

I can't believe I'm totally engrossed watching how thread is made. But then again, I'm easily amused...
redface.gif

Jul 19, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 25
Its quite nice!
I have seen several of them, and find them interesting.

Jul 19, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 25
Don''t care how it is made . . . . only what it costs and when it is gonna be on sale!
tongue.gif

j/k

the few times I've seen parts of it, it was interesting

Jul 19, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #9 of 25
So, is it an accurate conclusion that most of you see "How Is It Made" it after having watched "Cash Cab"?
biggrin.gif

'Cause that's how I've stumbled across it.

Jul 19, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #10 of 25
I love that show. They usually show 2 back to back (aka an hour of How It's Made) here.

Jul 19, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe I'm totally engrossed watching how thread is made. But then again, I'm easily amused...
redface.gif

Erasers and Winnebago's, also.

Any person who is into gadgets, electronics, or are on a need to know basis,
deserves TV shows like this.

Watching "the making of a vinyl master" amazed me. I had no idea how much is involved or that vinyl is actually stamped and not etched.

The other thing that amazes me, is how many people can tolerate a repetitive motion job hour after hour, week after week, year after year.

I wouldn't last past lunch on my first day.

Jul 19, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love that show. They usually show 2 back to back (aka an hour of How It's Made) here.

Same here. I don't watch a lot of TV, but I love stuff like this. It appeals strongly to the gadget freak in me.
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #14 of 25
I love mass production. I almost missed critical moments of the NBA playoffs when I got mesmerized watching that show during ad breaks (but thankfully I quickly realized my error and promptly went back). Great show though, I'd watch it more if I um... watched TV.
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #15 of 25
I love this show. I will watch any episode that is on, even if it is a repeat. The only thing I hate (and I mean LOATHE) is the music. Did they try to make the most annoying music ever for something that is interesting or is it me? I hope I did not kill the show for anyone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back