How it's made: AKG Headphones
Mar 17, 2010 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

JxK

1000+ Head-Fier
Originally saw the link on abi. Thought people here might find it interesting. And hopefully seeing that even high end phones use things like regular old solder and wires will silence some of the recabling crowd.
wink.gif

YouTube - How It's Made Headphones

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #4 of 40
Oh, I haven't checked ABI in two days or so, I'll have to go there again. Thanks for the link, I'm certain it'll be great and interesting (If only I can get sound working in youtube. Perhaps I'll switch to the 32-bit plugin temporarily over the 64-bit)

Thanks for the post!

Mar 17, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 40
nice!

I wonder how does grado do it
wink.gif
.... I doubt they would even make the casting for the show
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #9 of 40
Very cool to see how my cans were made. Thanks for posting the link!

Bill

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #12 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayito-san /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"...the choice of music will be silent to all but the one wearing the headphone..."

Uh-huh, except that they're open headphones.

I was thinking the same thing :p

I suppose they did a headphone montage at the end which included some closed designs lol

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #14 of 40
Thanks. I usually watch How it's Made, but I must have missed this episode. I've worked in manufacturing (from the engineering perspective) for over 15 years now since graduating and really appreciate the layout of the factory, tooling and subtle mistake proofing that was incorporated in their manufacturing process. Must be why we don't hear too many complaints of AKG headphones that crap out.

What a difference when comparing it to Grado's mom and pop shop.

But in the end, I still prefer the Grado sound (but still very much appreciate AKG's sound as well).

Too bad they don't have a factory in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back