How is your CanAmp doing?
Jan 6, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by egokun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you get a CanAmp in Europe for €300? I'm very interested.

Exactly 298€ directly from Heed Audio if there is no Heed distributor in your country:

"We have no distributor/retailers in Spain as yet, so you
can certainly order a CanAmp from us directly. We've been
following this practice for some time now with customers
from countries without an appointed Heed distributor.
In such cases we even grant 15% discount: After all, you
purchase the unit without proper dealers backup. As a
further bonus, we also cover the shipping costs to your
place. The CanAmp retails for EUR 350 (inc. VAT) in
Europe, hence you are to pay only EUR 298."

Is this great or what?
smily_headphones1.gif

About comparisons with other amps in higher price ranges, I agree with boomana. My primary amp is a Singlepower MPX3, but I am able to enjoy my CanAmp without second thoughts. No problem at all. Of course the MPX3 is well above the Heed, this is obvious. But its sound is perfectly enjoyable in itself. I am using it in a bedside rig, in a dark room and in complete silence. In these conditions there is no space for a bad performer.

Jan 6, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #20 of 29
I just had a startling experience: I am burning in a set of Zu Mobius cables on my new HD650s. I have been using the Heed/Microdac combo for the burn. I just felt like giving them a rest so I plugged the Sennheisers into my X-Fi Platinum
soundcard for a night. I put the headphones on to hear some songs with just
the soundcard and the Senns. Talk about dreadful. I used to like that soundcard. Oh well

Jan 6, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #21 of 29
I'll report that peak musical experiences are mine with these RS2s & the Heed CanAmp with all my favorite Classic Rock recordings
rs1smile.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bill, tell me about RS2s

In a word, "perfection" to my ears with my amps and sources , the system disappears, revealing the material which hopefully is well recorded & mixed/mastered (see post history of what I've been listening to)...
rs1smile.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #24 of 29
you are seriously whetting my appetite. when does this end? I thought the
650/701 combo would calm me down for a while. I'll tell what was a big upgrade:
the ZuMobius cables on the 650s! What a pleasure with the Heed.

Jan 6, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Does it drive them as well as the GLite + DSP - which apparently really controls their drivers, brightens the Senns up and makes them sound much more clear, dynamic and detailed (according to "Akwok") - making them sound like a whole new phone - rivalling the Omega II's???

Jan 6, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Goes to show that different ears like different things. I, too, really like my Heed/650 combo, but the Zus were too harsh for me. I, am, however completely satisfied with the 650/G52 sound with the canamp.

Jan 6, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #28 of 29
Grrr.... All this talk about the Heed reminds me all too well that I can't get one anytime soon
frown.gif
Oh well, I guess I'll get back to listening straight out of my home receiver *wimpers*
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Goes to show that different ears like different things. I, too, really like my Heed/650 combo, but the Zus were too harsh for me. I, am, however completely satisfied with the 650/G52 sound with the canamp.

It may be an age issue. Having just passed 55, I find I need a bit more in the upper registers than when I was younger. I agree that the Zu is very bright but
(for me at least) it opens up the 650s with the Heed. In fact it gets them awfully close to my 701s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back