How is your CanAmp doing?
Jan 4, 2007 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Murugesh

100+ Head-Fier
Is this amp really doing well? I see praises here and there (mainly Pink Floyd's thread) but haven't seen any critical reviews from the users. If anyone is using CanAmp and feel good/bad about it, please come forward and give your reviews.

Thanks

Jan 4, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #3 of 29
Dang it. We're too busy listening to post critical reviews. I'm listening right now to Charlie Haden's Land of the Sun with a MiniMax/Canamp/HD650/G52 combo...beautiful. Check out the lengthy threads for more serious critical impressions. All I will say is that in the past two weeks I've sold two amps, and I'm online now to put a third up for sale. Okay, I also bought three, but the Heed still stays. There are definitely better amps out there. I've heard more than a few. But for the price, and if you want SS, I don't think it can be beat.

Jan 5, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang it. We're too busy listening to post critical reviews. I'm listening right now to Charlie Haden's Land of the Sun with a MiniMax/Canamp/HD650/G52 combo...beautiful. Check out the lengthy threads for more serious critical impressions. All I will say is that in the past two weeks I've sold two amps, and I'm online now to put a third up for sale. Okay, I also bought three, but the Heed still stays. There are definitely better amps out there. I've heard more than a few. But for the price, and if you want SS, I don't think it can be beat.

Very nicely stated. The Heed CanAmp is a very fast, clean, punchy, and with a huge soundstage (both left to right and front to back). Add to that the low price and you have a winner.

Jan 5, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 29
I just added some Zu cables to my 650s out of the Heed. Talk about punch and soundstage! What a fabulous amp. It just loves good equipment plugged into it

Jan 5, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #6 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a fabulous amp. It just loves good equipment plugged into it

I'm hoping it will love my Ultrasones...
500000033.gif
750prolinebx3.png

getmecoat.gif

Jan 5, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #7 of 29
Dex, you know the Heed will embrace both you and your Ultrasones. I just found out my new Zu Mobius cables need a 200 hour burn in. When is this going to end? I find myself breaking in more stuff these days.

Jan 5, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #8 of 29
also, thanks to a sudden surge in demand, (mostly attributed to you guys i think) they are still a bit hard to come by. i ordered mine from dan the first week of november which seems like forever ago. but it's supposed to be shipped to the U.S. any day now. so more reviews from that order should be upcoming within the month.

Jan 5, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #11 of 29
I have nothing bad to say about this amp. It is well constructed and its sound is fabulous (and I mean it) for its price. Of course it is not perfect, but for €300 there is nothing near it. And custom service is first class too.
Is the perfect amp for beginners that doesn't want to upgrade soon. The CanAmp can make you happy for a long time
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have nothing bad to say about this amp. It is well constructed and its sound is fabulous (and I mean it) for its price. Of course it is not perfect, but for €300 there is nothing near it. And custom service is first class too.
Is the perfect amp for beginners that doesn't want to upgrade soon. The CanAmp can make you happy for a long time
smily_headphones1.gif

Curoius.. Can the Canamp hang in with heavy hitters like the Extreme, HR-2, & the Cordia Prehead II??

Jan 5, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Where did you get a CanAmp in Europe for €300? I'm very interested.

Jan 5, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curoius.. Can the Canamp hang in with heavy hitters like the Extreme, HR-2, & the Cordia Prehead II??

are these amps in the same price category? apples with apples is only fair to
the Heed (or any other amp we might compare)

Jan 5, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No. But would you want it to? I can guarantee that the price would go way up as well. I bought the Extreme Platinum (arriving today
biggrin.gif
) after hearing it at the FL meet in Dec. As far as new amps go, I also heard the B-52, and Headroom's new desktops. The Heed doesn't come close. But, do you remember how it was when you first heard some good headphones, or a good amp or source and suddenly couldn't stand yours anymore? That's not the case here. I still enjoy my Heed, and when I'm listening to music, to tell you the truth, I'm not thinking about this amp or that amp, I'm just enjoying myself. I've not had that experience with some other equipment, and when I've listened, wished for something other.

The only other SS amp that I've heard, and I've posted same along with others in different posts, that can equal or best the Canamp in its price range is the EC/SS (though I think it is a bit more expensive ($50-$100...not sure). The sound signature is different, but it's another great little amp. I will be hearing it again on Sunday with a new opamp, which, I've been told, improves it even more. So we will see, but even if true, it wouldn't change the fact the the Canamp is as good as everyone says it is. In fact, I think I'll go listen to it some more right now....dang I love being on vacation
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back