How is the lockdown status on your place?
Oct 16, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #2 of 85
From my casual observation, there doesn’t seem to be a lockdown. Of course there are no concerts and movie theaters are not fully open.

Lots of plexi glass. Personally I kind of think plexi glass is a good idea and my prediction is that plexi glass will be a thing even after the plague.

I used to work in customer service and I did not appreciate smelling other people’s bad breath so plexi glass is nice. When this plague is over, kids today will have some fun stories to tell to their future grand kids.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #3 of 85
I also like face masks and will continue to wear them even after the plague. They especially feel warm in cold weather. Even before the plague, I’ve worn face masks while mowing the lawn because it was used as a sun block and pollen filter. Face mask are good.

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 85
Guys,

How's everyone holding up in this pandemic time? Is your place still on lockdown or is it already open? Any sharing? Thanks guys.
I live in the province of Nova Scotia in Canada. The measures are pretty strict in my country. You can’t go into any public place without wearing a mask. All of the stores have arrows on the floors and the aisles like one ways. There are footstep images on the floor to show you where to stand and wait at every pay stations, six feet apart. The cashiers wash the rolling counters after every customer & there are plexi glass partitions between customers and any worker at a counter. If you assemble somewhere the maximum number of people is 30 and you must be sitting six feet apart & wear a mask. No pot luck or luncheons are allowed during family assemblies in a hall for example. People who travel outside their home province or are coming back from another province or country must isolate for 14 days. The authorities are aware of anyone who travels and may chelk on any individual at any moment without notice to verify if the regulations are being observed. There are also certain public places where there’s only a certain amount of people allowed in at the same time; for example at the Post Office or Public Library, not more than 3 people at a time. Always with a mask required. Restaurants only allow half of their full capacity and if you leave your table to go to the washroom for example you must put your mask back on. I live near the Atlantic Ocean/ beaches & people are now allowed to go to the beach but are discouraged from doing so by governments. Since I’ve been retired for eight years now I’m not sure what the regulations are like for working people. My daughter lives in British Columbia and tells me that it’s not too bad or too strict as far as her office workplace goes. The only drawback for my wife & I is that we would have liked to visit our son [he’s in BC also] and daughter again this year of next Spring but with if the situation hasn’t changed then it would be too expensive for us to isolate for 14 days in an hotel room. Anyways, that’s how it is here in Canada. I guess we’re still pretty much in a lockdown. And the border is closed between the US and Canada. Hope you’re hanging in there gleanfont. All the best to you.

Oct 17, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #5 of 85
Never shut down. I work in hospitals and am used to the routine but I live in an area that won't wear them. They want to live their lives without restrictions. As a result, the county is a red zone county because of no enforcement. Businesses says mask required but people, including staff, are bare faced.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #7 of 85
If ya decide to go to bars or restaurants I recommend that you try to go during the weekdays on the slow hours like around 4 or 5 o’clock. This way you avoid crowds and can keep a safe distance.

If you live in an American city with food trucks it can be great. I just had an excellent spicy meatball sandwich from a local street food truck and ate it outside. I gotta admit that it was a good fun experience despite the social distancing.

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #9 of 85
No lockdown here just social distancing going on. I guess covid is a valid excuse to spend more money on headphones. Protect your ears from infection.

Nov 3, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #10 of 85
wow very interesting posts you have shared. I did not know that there are places with no lockdown. I thought there is still lockdown but restriction varies depending on the place's Covid situation.
I do agree that wearing mask is kinda helpful and advantageous even after this pandemic is over. It safeguards us from dusts, pollution and yes, contagious diseases too. But lets not forget to breath fresh air too.

Here in my place, lockdown is a bit relaxed - businesses are opening but no leisure travels yet.

And yes - I tend to save more money now during this time :grin:

Nov 3, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #11 of 85
I am working from home, I like it actually but sometimes it's so boring. Due to the lockdown, I decided to add sport to my daily life. Also, I excluded junk food. By the way guys, do you take vitamins? If yes, which ones? I take vitamin D3, B12, C every day. I usually buy them direct.
Yes I do, but I have been taking multi-vitamins since 7 years now atleast with fish or Omega3 since I am into fitness. But Now 5 months back I did add Vit C, Vit D/D3, Zinc to the list as well.

Nov 3, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #12 of 85
Where I live, the lockdown ended by May end and ever since then there was partial lockdown, then no lockdown and back to partial lockdowns. Masks are mandatory to all public indoor places and restriction of max 10 people in a group.

I prefer wearing the masks anyway, especially in the gyms where we have more than few folks who dont do proper social distancing and have seen few guys coughing openly, smh!! I use the under armour ones during workout, works pretty well!

Nov 4, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #13 of 85
Depending on your city, there are some spacious rooftop bars. They can be decent for social distanced drinking. Personally I’ve always been a fan of roof top bars even before the plague.
I have a rockin balcony. It's not a rooftop bar but it's pretty close. Unfortunately getting too cold at night to sit outside.

On topic, I hardly notice anything. Working at home, order groceries on the net.

Nov 6, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #14 of 85
As freelance consultant in short term assignments, in Corona turbulent times everybody is focussed on Corona, all our travel and assignments are postponed or cancelled and as a consequence, we fall back into a position without any income. I have read that translation services ( https://isaccurate.com/french-translation-services ) also suffer. So hopefully this situation doesn't last too long, although I have the fear that Corona might be followed with worldwide economic recession, leaving less ressources available to attribute tasks to freelance daylabourers.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #15 of 85
The hillbilly Bubbas are denying any responsibility and continuing to defy the guidelines and the vendors want to eat so they placate them. The time for participation to be effective has sailed. It's herd mentality now here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back