How is the ELE USB DAC + AMP? Will it work good on my headphones? (Information inside)
Jan 31, 2015 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Aviv

Head-Fier
Hey,
I have Sennheiser HD201 and i'm looking for some really cheap AMP + DAC, I found many recommendations on that one: 
PCM2704 USB DAC TDA1308 Headphone amplifier & Volume Control ELE EL-D02 100dBP
Search for it on Ebay because I can't put links here :/
So, will it give me way better sound? I prefer buying that instead of some $50 AMP, what do you think? Will it work good on my headphones?

Thanks!

Jan 31, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #3 of 12
What are you trying to accomplish? What do you expect the amp to do for you? I would not expect the HD201 to need an amp.

I have a problem with my headphones, when they connected to my PC they sound pretty low without bass, but when I connect them to my iPhone, they are loud with decent bass. I understood that it is because I need an amp, so i'm asking how is this DAC Ele + AMP..

Jan 31, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 12
That is surprising, I would have expected the PC to do better than that. But, OK, to answer your question, I don't know that amp. In general, I don't recommend those very cheap ebay amps. The build quality is not very good and they tend to fail either right out of the box or not long afterwards. You get what you pay for, and I think you need to pay a bit more to get something decent.

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 12
That is surprising, I would have expected the PC to do better than that. But, OK, to answer your question, I don't know that amp. In general, I don't recommend those very cheap ebay amps. The build quality is not very good and they tend to fail either right out of the box or not long afterwards. You get what you pay for, and I think you need to pay a bit more to get something decent.
Ok, any more opinions?

Feb 7, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #7 of 12
I have ordered the Superlux HD201 headphones, and I want to order this DAC + Amp so it will come at the same time with the headphones.
So can anyone give me his opinion about that?

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #11 of 12
There is another thread on here that talks quite a bit about this dac called "ELE DAC Support and Appreciation Thread".

I have one and am happy with it.  I'll readily admit that I am no expert but it does make my Audio Technica M50x's sound noticeably better than running the headphone jack on my work PC.  If anything it amplifies more than I would like, it works fine for my M50x's but is almost unusable with earbuds since the minimum volume setting is way too loud for them.  But, I didn't really get it because I needed amplification, I just wanted to try out a dac for cheap and I like having the volume buttons within reach on my desktop.  

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #12 of 12
  I have Sennheiser HD201 and i'm looking for some really cheap AMP + DAC, I found many recommendations on that one: 
PCM2704 USB DAC TDA1308 Headphone amplifier & Volume Control ELE EL-D02 100dBP
Search for it on Ebay because I can't put links here :/
So, will it give me way better sound? I prefer buying that instead of some $50 AMP, what do you think? Will it work good on my headphones?

Those little $19 ELE EL-D02 (PCM2704) DAC/amps are surprising good for their price, but I would order them in pair because they are not the most reliable DAC/amp.
Might also check out the PCM2706 DAC/amps ($25?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back