How is the 32ohm and 250ohm DT770 different?
Jun 22, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 7
Apparently not. However, if they're not being driven decently (say by a portable source) then you may notice a difference. I have the 32 ohm variety by the way. They're sweet (especially after a looong burn-in).

Jun 22, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #3 of 7
The 250's are even more bass-heavy than the other versions. The 32 ohm model evidences a bit more treble than the 80 ohm.................I got a set of 32 ohm drivers and had them made into DarthBeyers - they are now my favorite version...................so, yes, if you are going stock - get the 32 ohm dt770. You won't be sorry at all.

Jun 22, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #5 of 7
Don't listen to what you "hear" unless what your hearing is the equipment thru your own ears. .......Lawngnome - what you seem to have heard is incorrect.

Jun 27, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard the 32ohm version sounds very poor compared to the 80ohm and 250ohm models.

Sorry, but that's just bull.

The 80 ohm version might be marginally better when properly amped, but unamped the 32 ohm version sounds noticeably better.
Some might even prefer the 32 ohm with a good amp too. Depends on the rest of the system.
The 250 ohm version sounds worse in any situation, but it's by no means a bad headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back