How is Koss KSC75
Jun 16, 2006 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Headtelephone

New Head-Fier
I've only heard good things about it. People say with its cheap price, it has the quality of a $60 headphone. I'm gonna get it at Radioshack for $25. I just wanna know what you people think of it.

Jun 16, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
make sure u do the kramer and quarter mod

Only if you like it bright.
If you're like me, with little sensitive girl eardrums, you'll like them fine stock.

By the way, Headtelephone, I think you can still get them from amazon for $13. It'll be the best $13 you ever spent.

Jun 16, 2006 at 11:35 PM Post #7 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headtelephone
Well actually I'm the one that always have the volume at the max... is it good for having the volume all the way?

Only if you want to go prematurely deaf.

Seriously though: I hate to sound like 'dad' or 'grandpa', but do yourself a favor, and stop listening at those volumes. Imagine for a moment what life would be like wihtout the gift of hearing...

Continue listening at those volume levels, and that will be you soon enough.

Jun 16, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #8 of 48
Quote:

Well actually I'm the one that always have the volume at the max... is it good for having the volume all the way?

Hello, I am the guy from the ign forums. Having the volume on max is not good for your ears.

Jun 16, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #9 of 48
I didnt find that the Kramer mod really made them taht overly bright, I have some little girl ears too and they are fine for me. But thats all subjective to a exrteme point, so anyway...

Yes, they are awsome. I much rather them to Westone UM1s, a $110 pair of IEMs. Great clarity and a pretty formatable sound stage.

-greg

Jun 16, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #10 of 48
Awesome, now I'll have total confident to get them.

Wow, you guys really don't consider putting the volume all the way? You know whats weird, is that even at the max, its still not enough for me.
I wish there was someway to turn the volume all the way without it damaging my ears. I really can't listen to music without the volume turned up all the way, but I do mostly listen on my computer. Maybe the volume isn't that loud on a computer.

Jun 16, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #11 of 48
Quote:

Wow, you guys really don't consider putting the volume all the way? You know whats weird, is that even at the max, its still not enough for me.
I wish there was someway to turn the volume all the way without it damaging my ears. I really can't listen to music without the volume turned up all the way, but I do mostly listen on my computer. Maybe the volume isn't that loud on a computer.

I use to be your way. But after listing for SQ, tonal balance, all that good stuff I found that when I got in my car and went to bump I had to turn the volume WAY down. Its aquired, try listing with it on half volume for a week, see how that goes. Then agan it could be that you have already damaged your ears beyond repair.

Jun 16, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #12 of 48
If you have the extra cash then I would recommend a closed headphone. It would reduce the outside noise, and help you listen at safer levels.

Jun 16, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #13 of 48
Quote:

The reason that the volume (even at maximum) isn't enough for you is probably because the damage is already done, I'm afraid. You should probably go to an audiologist (ear doctor) to see just how bad your situation is. Maybe you are already in need of hearing aids. It's a damn shame really.

HOWEVER:

There is a possibility that your computer just doesn't have the capability of driving whatever headphones you are currently using properly (doubtful though). Perhaps you have the master volume of your computer's sound card turned down low? It is worth checking out... Double-click the little speaker in the system tray (bottom right side of your computer - assuming you are using Windows OS). Check the volume levels on the GUI that pops-up.

Jun 16, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #14 of 48
Quote:

It always depends on what you're running the cans off. I have little experience with onboard sound, but since the differences in output power between MP3 players and PCDPs can range between fairly feeble and
basshead.gif
it's quite possible that you just have a very weak output there. Normally you'd be far away from maximum volume, at least with contemporary low-impedance stuff. Have some other source to test with?

Jun 17, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #15 of 48
ksc-75s are excellent, I own a pair and use them often even over my sennheisers sometimes. You can pick up a pair without the volume control for 20 bucks or less at circuit city, if you have one by you and are in the USA. My circuit city had them for 14.99, everyday price not on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back