How is Beyerdynamic MMX2 sound quality?
Sep 17, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 5
Just put in an order for MMX 2's. I will be using them for gaming. I started thread and will post there once I get a chance to use them for awhile.

I am currently using Senn HD555's.

Sep 17, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jincuteguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone has the Beyerdynamic DT234Pro or MMX2 headset? If so, how's the sound quality? how is it compare to AD700?

AD700 is better SQ wise but lacks bass.

Sep 18, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #4 of 5
I was pretty unimpressed with the mmx2. boxy, thin, boring.

Make that very unimpressed. The DT231 is supposed to be good for the price, so perhaps the usb soundcard was low quality, I don't know.

The Senn PC 165/166 (whichever is closed, the other is open) does a much better job, and comes with a usb dongle if you need it.

Sep 18, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #5 of 5
I think it is safe to assume the USB soundcard that comes with the MMX 2 is crap. In fact, a lot of PC soundcards, USB or PCI, are pretty bad, except the top of the line models.

Running a line out to an amp, even an inexpensive one, is always a superior experience to most mainstream sound card output.

I am hoping they will sound good via line out/optical out paired with an inexpensive, but decent amp.

Consider the price too. The MMX 2 is a 60 dollar headphone modded to have a microphone and packaged with a little usb soundcard. They are not going to compete with headphones that are 2, 3, even 4 times as much. I think the question is...how do they perform for a 99 dollar gaming headset?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back