How important are headphones and their associated equipment to you in your life .....
May 27, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #31 of 36
I am heavily invested in my other hobby which is photography. I consider both my camera and audio gear simply as tools which help me enjoy creating images and listening to my music. Over the years my equipment has come and gone, sold, traded, and simply packed away and almost forgotten.

If somebody banned all headphones and burned all the amps, DAC's, ic's, tubes, etc. tomorrow, as long as music still existed, I would be happy listening to a 70's transistor radio.

I enjoy my stuff, but it's essentially only stuff.

May 27, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #32 of 36
Headphones and the associated gear has become a very important part of my live. Music radio drama and tv series, as well as audiobooks are very important to me. I also prefer listening with headphones most of the times because youcan then better listen to the music, immerse yourself in it, make it more personal. It gives me a lot of enjoyment all the day.
Greetings, Anouk,

May 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #33 of 36
It's a hobby. I bought headphones to listen to music at my computer, which I do a lot. Bought my system to make my headphones... umm.. better. Then bought better headphones. Now I can sit back with what I've got and enjoy.
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #34 of 36
For me, it's all about the music - but I want to get as close as I can to the real drama of a performer electrified, and that means serious equipment. It's my way of paying respect to the damned hard work musicians put in to their careers. I just love it.

May 27, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #35 of 36
I voted "It's a large part of my life, I make big sacrifices" but It starting to be "It's a serious hobby, I'm heavily invested".

May 27, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #36 of 36
Headphone music takes me away ... time ceases to exist , for awhile anyway ...

A glass of wine or 3 or whatever choice of inebriant and life is good ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back