How important are aesthetics?
Mar 18, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #16 of 19
Well, the first time the "phone dial" of my K270S came off I was more than a bit bothered by it and got kind of worried it'd happen again. Though, since then the poor thing has accidently taken a couple of 1 meter falls because of my clumsiness (without a dent and it sounds just fine). I'm usually really careful with my stuff but eventually I always come to the conclusion that I bought the thing to *use* it not to sing goodnight lullabies (even though that might occasionally happen) and put it behind bullet proof glass every time I put it away. Sometimes a little wear and tear might actually make you feel good. Usually goes something like:

Purchase - (Too) Care (ful) - Use (and hopefully not - Abuse)

Otherwise aestethics are sadly all too important to me (though I think the K270S is kind of funky looking in its own disturbed way
icon10.gif
) ... I just bought *buds* because I thought they looked nice (amadana, though they were cheap)! Also I looked hard at the ES7... Have a coffee maker from Eva Solo that I rarely use but it looks. So. Good. (I *do* use it, just not enough) etc etc... Design is just too fun to not care about to me. It depends of course, sometimes a super-usable thing that looks just ugly come around but usability is a beautiful thing in itself sometimes.

Mar 18, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #19 of 19
Well, to me there are two types of asthetics, by design or humanly induced after sale.

If it is by design, then workmanship must still be perfect and accpectable, in the case of Grados, then it comes down to the two types of asthetics.

If it is induced after sale from the original design, then you headphones will depreciate if you want to sell them in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back