How I Improve my Laptops Sound Quality under $20
Jun 4, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great thread!

X2 !!!

btw. it's funny (or sad) how many people consider "audiophile" or "high-end" to mean "loud"

Jun 4, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guitar amps was a metaphor....get used to it.

I would really like an explanation of this please, because my mind cannot fathom a way in which your original statement can be construed as metaphorical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not telling u to use Guitar Amps for headphones .

This is Computer audio section ..

Maybe u r in the wrong section?

Here we discuss computer audio...and most computer users have a Table on which they place their comps.

Jun 4, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #35 of 40
Someone doesn't understand the concept of garbage-in = garbage-out.

Jun 4, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #36 of 40
I think the op is confused cause of the bit rate of his MP3. I mean, even if you were to play a lossless track, your soundcard is processing what you hear. This is truly considered your source and the music is just the media. You have to think past the music...no matter what media/format you use, your soundcard is what counts.

I can almost say for sure that ANY usb soundcard or mini DAC will be much much better then the improvement you heard with the amp in your 2.1 setup.

What you are hearing is not really improvement...cause the source isnt improving at all...so your just hearing that sound, just amped. Consider it as more volume to the already bad sound. Now, i believe you are fooled into thinking that cause you have more "POWER" going to your cans, which most cans will just LOVE. I can see how it can be mistaken.

Jun 5, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #37 of 40
I think the OP had a good intention when writing that post. I think what he means is that someone can use the headphone out of cheap powered speakers to amplify their laptop sound output. I don't see why everyone is leveling such harsh criticisms against this idea, especially as he is clearly only speaking to people who don't want to spend any money on equipment.

On the other hand, I think that the OP may have a learning/reading problem, especially after reading the thread that Duggeh linked to. EDIT: now I understand why some people are frustrated about this... EDIT 2: I think there is a language barrier here...

Jun 5, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #38 of 40
I don't see any language barrier here. (I'm not a native speaker also.)

The OP made this thread by his own assumption (which was wrong of course), and Duggah tended to correct him by his own posting style.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The OP made this thread by his own assumption (which was wrong of course), and Duggah tended to correct him by his own posting style.
smily_headphones1.gif

Not only was it Duggeh's style in posting, but I just think it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Yes the OP had good intentions, but if you read Duggeh's post...it's frustration that the OP perpetuates his misconceptions after time and time again of having his questions answered by people around here. Harsh as it was..I understand the frustration.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 6, 2008 at 11:24 AM Post #40 of 40
A little late to join (but a great thread to read nonetheless, thanks to the replies, especially Duggeh's).

Anyway, to the OP, you made an honest, if ignorant, suggestion at improving the SQ of your laptop output but you should give this other thread a read. It delivers the results and at much lower cost (than the Logitech or any other multimedia speakers):

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/ch...ht=chinese+usb

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back