How i hate bose fanboys
Jun 23, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450
Actually he doesn't...notice the shape of the brain: while yours is a 'normal' shape...the one one the other forums is in the shape of an apple...
tongue.gif

a

already stated here.

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #32 of 44
Well he flat-out states that he's only 15 years old...

He helps continue the idea that kids shouldn't be allowed to post on message boards
wink.gif
I agree that the manner in which he handled the situation was awfully rude - nobody likes being told that their investments are wastes of money and pieces of crap.

After all, I think that the HD497s are representative of one of the worst values in the headphone market.. but I don't say that you were incorrect/stupid/ignorant for buying them... (and I don't think that you are, for the record, any of those things - you are merely rude and inexperienced with communicating on a mature level).

Oh yeah, and you could probably use a few "extra-help" sessions with your English teacher
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #33 of 44
chill out guys . . what he said wasn't as bad as some of you make it out to be. I've seen much much much much worse coming from both teens and adults. Granted he was a bit rude, but I think he gets it now.

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz
there is one particular difference which sets you apart from your assumed twin avatar... his brain is an apple symbol, yours is homer's actual brain... a distinction to emphasize and be proud of...

OOPs! my bad...

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
Actually, his Homer is powered by an Apple.

Ah, yes I see that now. I thought his brain looked a little different, but I didn't look closely enough to see why.

I didn't really read the whole thread, but it didn't seem That bad. It could have been worse, at least. It's amazing how immature adults will even act on these boards...

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
chill out guys . . what he said wasn't as bad as some of you make it out to be. I've seen much much much much worse coming from both teens and adults. Granted he was a bit rude, but I think he gets it now.

Seriously. If he had used proper grammer and spelling it would probably have lessened the rude appearance.

I've also seen much worse from Bose fanboys. Even with a mountain of supporting evidence they'll never admit their expensive headphones suck.

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #37 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon
Even with a mountain of supporting evidence they'll never admit their expensive headphones suck.

That's the point for me. If they were $15, they'd be somewhat of a bargain... but they're not. So they're not.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 23, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #39 of 44
I have never understood the purpose of being critical of the tastes of others with regard to something as subjective as a headphone. What is loathsome are individuals who wish, perhaps in an effort to demonstrate their alleged superior intellect or judgment, to belittle others who have found their own audio happiness, however misguided that might be.

I wouldn't even consider the purchase of a Bose headphone, but I did have the chance to use one. Seems that, due to some colossal error on the part of the airline, I was upgraded to business class on a long international flight and was offered them as a part of the whole package. I liked them! Why? I was on a friggin' airplane and they helped me to sleep!! I didn't want sweet mids or bangin' lows, I just wanted to go to sleep!!!

Could it be that that is the point of reference of your so-called "fan boys"? And, if so, why in the world should any of us have a problem with that?

Jun 23, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #41 of 44
Jun 23, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Although we know that Bose sucks the donkey, the way you approached it was on the borderline of rude/unacceptable. I cringed when I read some of your posts there; if you want to represent head-fi at least do so in a somewhat professional manner.

I agree. After reading everything, you come across as an elitist, obnoxious guy just lording it over people who obviously:

a) Don't care
b) Did their own research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back