How I Dent My Summer Stagflation
Aug 1, 2010 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

scrypt

Head-Fi's Sybil
Scrypt, here, wishing you all a swell (but not sweltering) end of summer. 

And how are you faring during this lovely heat lull, anynonce?  Conditions on my tourniquet o' turf seem relatively humane.  Hope you can say the same (or "sam," as the beggar with magnetized lips pronounces it unwillingly).

Of the few of you who know me, fewer might be wondering what I do with my ample free time.  Headphones are George, thank you very nice, but isn't locating a long-tossed Head-fi alumnus (i.e., moi) somehow more meaningful, more pressing, than flaunting mahogany diaphragms? 

What do you mean, "no"?  More meaningful, I shriek!  More pressing!  I know this to be true because a man told me, and because I saw an actual person write it down!  How much more proof do you need?  I even stole her pencil!

Since we've established that you virtuous and blood-engorged Head-fi members are in fact wondering about the verbal pantomime theater in my skull, here's the answer.  My neighbors, who have complained for years about the excessive chortling, will be quick to tell you I sometimes do this:

Sensitive Skin Magazine

and this specifically:

Merthiolate (and Other Futile Antiseptics)

Issue 2 will soon be cleared away for Issue 3, so have a swift and satisfying leer, if you feel reclined.   If you yourself have anything you think might be appropriate to publish in subsequent issues, feel free to PM me (though the ultimate decision's up to B. Kold).

Aug 1, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #2 of 9
even a newbie like me knows your writings, scrypt. 
they're always there...  even when you're not.

it's great to see you stop by!  cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Aug 2, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 9
Holy cow it's Scrypt! Great to see a new post by you here every once in a while. You working on any books for the near future?

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 9
Finally, a thread by a member who is older (join date) than me. :) Nice to see you again.

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 9
Scrypt, your words both inspire and emasculate me at the same time. I have dictionary.com bookmarked just so I can at least attempt to understand half the terms you use. 

Aug 4, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 9
I've always been afraid to post in a thread after Scrypt (such a rare occurrence anyway) feeling that I am at risk of sounding pedestrian...

Aug 8, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #8 of 9
Bite your tongue, fancy word man. My mother, educated by hers, used mecuricome/mercurochrome on all my wounds as a tot... futile?
That and a tube of Ichtammol salve make up 20th century sanitation as I know it.

Merthiolate, stuff stains worse than beet juice.

I think everyone has stories about remedies that sting. My two:

1. Spraying Lysol on my hinny hole at Grandma's house on Thanksgiving Day.
2. Mecuricome on the shaft after extremely vigorous, grating sex with a red head.

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 9
Still brilliant and disturbing as ever - tales from the Scrypt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back