How I connect my creative player to my audio reciever?
Apr 22, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #5 of 17
thanks I got it now, But my other question is, will my music sound better coming from my reciviever If I plug my headphones in them also?

Which sounds better DAp-headphones

or DAp --mini rca cable-- reciever--headphones..

Are they both the same?

my reciever is a yahamaha 5740

p.s your plug in ur site is about 50 bucks...in raido shack..arent they about 10 bucks?

Apr 22, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #6 of 17
I have no experience with Yamaha receivers but it'll probably sound better through your receiver since the receiver will act as a heaphone amp of sort, if/when you do decide to purchase a dedicated headphone amplifier you can run the pre-out from your receiver into the amp and use the receiver as a pre-amp, sorry to confuse you even more
580smile.gif

edit: to clarify

Now: DAP -> Headphones
Soon I presume: DAP -> Mini-RCA Cable -> Yamaha Receiver
Future: DAP -> Mini-RCA Cable -> Yamaha Receiver -> RCA-RCA Interconnect -> Headphone Amplifier

Apr 23, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
p.s your plug in ur site is about 50 bucks...in raido shack..arent they about 10 bucks?

You are correct. A $50 cable is just a waste of money, and a bit dumb, IMHO.

Jeff

Apr 26, 2006 at 9:24 AM Post #8 of 17
Then why do Cardas, Kimber, Tara Labs, Grover, etc, make so much money? People wouldn't buy them if they didn't make a difference. There WILL be a big difference when comparing high quality interconencts to Ratshack ones, Headroom also sells some cheaper ones that are decent as well.

Apr 26, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Then why do Cardas, Kimber, Tara Labs, Grover, etc, make so much money? People wouldn't buy them if they didn't make a difference. There WILL be a big difference when comparing high quality interconencts to Ratshack ones, Headroom also sells some cheaper ones that are decent as well.

Because people are gullible, and want to believe there is a difference. This is just my opinion. You can believe whatever you wish. Why do some folks think that Bose is the best? Because Bose tells them so...
biggrin.gif

Jeff

Apr 26, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #10 of 17
I cant speak for audio plugs since Im new to this stuff. I know in video plugs like the component wires , it makes no differences. I tried the officalxbox component wires and the MONSTEr brand ones....it makes no differneces. The monster one is like 5x more expensive...

From what I understand, the wires are thicker which just last longer. But any wire should last you for quite a while already.

Im not sure abou audio though...

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

I cant speak for audio plugs since Im new to this stuff. I know in video plugs like the component wires , it makes no differences. I tried the officalxbox component wires and the MONSTEr brand ones....it makes no differneces. The monster one is like 5x more expensive...

Heh, I've even seen 3rd party component wires that are worse than the regular cables!

Apr 27, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

From what I understand, the wires are thicker which just last longer. But any wire should last you for quite a while already.

Im not sure abou audio though...

Why would a thicker wire last longer? They don't get thinner as they age...
biggrin.gif

Jeff

Apr 28, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
Because people are gullible, and want to believe there is a difference. This is just my opinion. You can believe whatever you wish. Why do some folks think that Bose is the best? Because Bose tells them so...
biggrin.gif

Jeff

So you've never heard a difference when changing cables?
eek.gif
I noticed a huge difference just by stepping up from stock interconnects to some DIY cables, then a bigger difference when I upgraded again. I also heard a big difference when comparing the stock cables to the Zu cables for my HD650s, the Mobius was far too bright for me and I had to sell them in a couple of days. As for video cables there is a difference when upgrading those too, we recently switched a cheap $70 AR HDMI cable we were using for our Sony HDTV and upgraded to a $300 Monster M1000DAV and the difference was clear, the picture was much sharper and clearer, the colors also seemed much more vibrant, I doubt that this was all just placebo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back