how have you benefited from headfi?
Oct 19, 2004 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

headphonegeek

100+ Head-Fier
as for myself in such a short time i have been influenced and inspired from others in their love and passion for headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif
the vast amount of knowledge here is incredible!
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 32
It's all about the friends and enemies that you make.
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 32
There have been so much that I've benefitted since joining Head-Fi, but just to name a few:

Made quite a lot of online friends who share the same interests in audio or otherwise.

Learned quite alot from reading the many posts in the various forums, knowledge which I might have not gotten had I not stumbled into this site.

Learned to listen and appreciate music a little differently than I used to. I learned to appreciate other forms of music such as Classical and Jazz both of which I never had any interest in before joining Head-Fi.

Lastly, the extremely thin wallet that never seems to be full as it once used to be
icon10.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 5:19 PM Post #5 of 32
Because of this site:
-Made a few friends. (hopefully fewer enemies)
-Made a few purchases that I'm happy with.
-Made a few sales that I'm happy with.
-Recieved some of the most useful computer related advice here (I do IT for a living)
-lost a lot of sleep. (hmm.....
confused.gif
, I'm not sure this one qualifies......)
-spent less on magazines.
-watch less TV (definate benefit!)

Oct 19, 2004 at 6:36 PM Post #6 of 32
Met cool people.
Heard cool gear.
Rediscovered all of my music.
Tested the strength of my marriage.

Oct 19, 2004 at 6:48 PM Post #7 of 32
I became a regular AFTER getting some nice headphones (HD 600), but this site encouraged me to invest in a nice amp and a tube amp at that! The tube mania really keeps one going!
Of course, after being hooked, head-fi provides all kinds of information and entertainment!
And since I am not a huge internet user, I end up using Head-fi as a base for "filtered" links.
cool.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #9 of 32
The best benefit that I got from headfi is meeting you guys. This is first & by far the best forum I have been in ever. Id also like to mention that this is the most expensive?
tongue.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 8:24 PM Post #11 of 32
i've learned about audio, good sound, and a fine appreciation for what i have, and how good it can get : ]

I've heard amazing systems at meets, i came along way i believe, and this point as my interest and experience developed, i can truly appreciate the quality of gear i have, how it sounds, and it is exactly and pefectly what i want out of an audio system.

I can say this from having about a years worth of upgraditis when i started, to settling in what my stuff about 8 months ago (with small parralel shifts in perhaps cables etc) I love my setup.

I also met alot of real nice people that give me advice in many ways (and i see have patience in dealing with my annoying posts)

true appreciation for this place.

Oct 19, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimSchirmer
It has fine-tuned my bull**** detector.

Amateur gimmicks - what one needs is not the detector, but the deflector!
wink.gif

Anyway, for myself, I've practiced my English, met quite a few fellow collectors - and compared to writing articles for the job, it's a more personal and direct form of spreading some knowledge and information as well as providing some entertainment (hopefully).

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back