How good is your hearing?
Mar 5, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #16 of 20
I am slightly confused. I was testing my hearing further, and I find that at times all I hear is a clicking sound, and then 30 seconds later my soundcard/headphones will play the sound.

Strange. I know that I can hear at least 19khz, but I want to know if I can hear more. I feel like my hardware is failing.

I will try with my headphone amp maybe that will drive the drivers better?

Ps. I am using the crappy on board sound card from my dell e1505 w/ my ksc75s

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #18 of 20
That was probably the most painful series of sounds I have ever heard.
eek.gif
The website did not explain how this test should be done, and I do not know exactly how it should be done; therefore, I used several methods. However, I do not know how valid these tests were.

With the office door open and the ceiling fan on, I could hear up to 20khz through the speakers as well as all lower frequencies.

With the office door shut and the ceiling fan off, I could hear up to 21khz through my open headset as well as all lower frequencies.

With the office door shut and the ceiling fan off, I could hear up to 22khz through my Etymotics as well as all lower frequencies.

I find it very strange that I was able to hear all the way up to 22khz with my Etymotics, because the technical specifications on the Etymotic website says that the frequency response only goes up to 16khz. Can someone clarify this for me?

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #19 of 20
Hmm this is a cool little test. I'm 20 and I could hear up to 20 kHz; for 21 and 22 all I could hear was some clicking noises.

edit: PS it's just a quick test to gauge your hearing. It's not meant to be a scientific study, so obviously there will be a number of factors that would make it slightly inaccurate. Despite hardware limitations (unless you're running on a REALLY old school computer) it's probably not going to be off by more than 1-2kHz.

Mar 6, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #20 of 20
I only heard the clicking on the ones which I could not hear the high pitched sound. This leads me to believe that I could hear more. Would speakers be better for this for some reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back