how good are the Jan5654W tubes?
Jul 13, 2012 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

spiderking31

100+ Head-Fier
I love the tubes, but would like to know some feedback from people that have been using them! Just got mine a few days ago :) lemme know what you think! Plus, I'm using an little dot mk3 tube amp with them....

Jun 3, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 4
I love the tubes, but would like to know some feedback from people that have been using them! Just got mine a few days ago :) lemme know what you think! Plus, I'm using an little dot mk3 tube amp with them....

I know this is an old post but I stumbled on this recently and thought others might be considering these tubes. I'm using these in the Little Dot MK2, and they're good. Where other tubes I tried either had an anemic bass response, or exhibited slightly muddy or indistinct bass, these are spot-on: tight bass with authority, well balanced overall with clean and extended highs. Better than anything else I tried by far.....

I'm using the Little Dot as a preamp and for headphones - nice coloration for a variety of sources.

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 4
I use two GE JAN 5654W with adapter to substitute a 6922/6DJ8 (Tesla E88CC code 37), and they are good.
I think they have slightly more bass than Tesla. Just put them on today, will need more listening/burn in to be sure.

IMG_20170626_211540.jpg

Considering the price, I think these tubes are of great value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back