How "FULL" is your "BUDDY" list?
Jun 7, 2006 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

imho

500+ Head-Fier

Heya Folks!

I saw a thread earlier with regard to the "Ignore" list. I was just curious, how full is your "Buddy" list, and how do you use it?

What do you use it for, since Head-Fi does not have instant messaging!

My "Buddy" list has a few names, but I could never figure out what purpose it serves.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

*P.S.: Is anyone ever going to let me know how to go to the previous/next page within a thread? There seems to be a button at the bottom for previous and next thread but no previous and next page.

Jun 7, 2006 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 27
I don't use it. I did when I first joined and thought it was so cool when I got to "know" someone and then figured they qualified as a "buddy". I remember adding JMT at first because he built a couple of portable amps for me before all of my mad Head-Fi spending started. In no time, I had maybe 5 buddies on my list but 50 who could have been, and then I realized that I didn't pay any attention to it so I deleted those who were on it. Now there would be more like 500 people who I'm in PM contact with, at least occasionally. Ok, maybe not that many!

Jun 7, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 27
I've never used it either, but then again there isn't that many people on here that I would say that I "know" well enough that I would think that they would count as a buddy (although it's certainly true that most people on here really are into the community spirit of helping everyone)

I think the PM function is much more important for contacting people on a more personal level

Jun 7, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by m_memmory
I've never used it either, but then again there isn't that many people on here that I would say that I "know" well enough that I would think that they would count as a buddy (although it's certainly true that most people on here really are into the community spirit of helping everyone)

I think the PM function is much more important for contacting people on a more personal level

Congratulations on 400 posts...

It's not just this forum I know a lot of forums that have a "buddy" feature and no real purpose for it. I set up a PHP forum once... it's just you never bother to install the other features. Call it infrastructure.
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 12:14 PM Post #5 of 27
I have a few close buddies here. None of which are on my "buddy list".
One person I speak with on the phone occasionally, another helped me with a roofing project, one guy has helped me with the French language, another has cleaned records for me, and I've been to one guys house. I feel fairly close to all these guys.

And I'm anti-social! Which may be why I don't have a buddy list.
tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #6 of 27
What's this buddy thing? I seem to find people and add them to aim from here
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 12:29 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by imho

*P.S.: Is anyone ever going to let me know how to go to the previous/next page within a thread? There seems to be a button at the bottom for previous and next thread but no previous and next page.

No.
tongue.gif

Seriously what do you mean? I just click on the 2 if I need to go to page 2 etc. I don't think there is a next/previous page.
-edit-
There is.
" « 1 2 3 » " If this is at the bottom of the thread there are 5 things to click on. Just hold your mouse over it and see.

Jun 7, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #8 of 27
I need to get of headfi and go and find some real buddies.

I'm only here to avoid revision.... Thats my excuse

Jun 7, 2006 at 1:54 PM Post #9 of 27
In 6 years of using/modding/what have you with vBulletin forums, I've never once seen fit to use the Buddy List feature. When I want to chat with a particular user I just do it over IM, E-Mail, or occasionally Telephone, but I've never really had a use for a forum buddy list.

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAP7
I need to get of headfi and go and find some real buddies.

I'm only here to avoid revision.... Thats my excuse

Good excuse.... might have to "borrow" it to explain my healthy fascination with this forum.

Of course we're also here to give our wallets something to cry about in sadness while our ears adore the music (or something along those lines)

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannay337
Congratulations on 400 posts...

I never realised I'd even got anywhere near that length... guess I'm turning into a head-fi junkie
580smile.gif
orphsmile.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #12 of 27
I have 16 mmebers on mine. I just use it to send PMs once in awhile usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back