How efficient is the shuffle's amp?
Jul 2, 2005 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

azncookiecutter

Headphoneus Supremus
Just want to know how effiecient the amp for the shuffle is. For example, can it drive SR60s or HD201s properly?
NOTE: I don't know whether to put this in headphones or portable audio. If this is in the wrong section, mods, you know what to do.

Jul 3, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #2 of 5
The Shuffle has the most robust amp out of all the iPods. The SR60 or 201 will sound great on the Shuttle, at 95% of their potential.

Jul 3, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
The Shuffle has the most robust amp out of all the iPods. The SR60 or 201 will sound great on the Shuttle, at 95% of their potential.

this is why I just bought one. No display, no problems. I want it to shuffle my mp3's as I jog or excercise. I am also going to use it as a jumpdrive. Along with my Karma, they form the perfect audiophile team.

Jul 4, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 5
Do you think my current player, the Samsung YP-MT6, is powerful and efficient enough to power HD201s decently? If not, I'm definitely trading it in for a Shuffle. The headphone output, for the Samsung, is rated at 10mW + 10mW, for a total of 20 mW of output power. So what do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back