How does your significant other feel about your headphone hobby?
Dec 17, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #78 of 90
It's cheaper than a mistress.

My current setup is part of a negotiated deal that moved my butt ugly 70's stereo out of the living room.
The bills are paid, we have no debt, we don't discuss price.

Dec 17, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #79 of 90
I am at the seven year mark and I think a mistress is starting to sound better than headphones at this point actually, and it really may end up being cheaper.
redface.gif

Dec 17, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #81 of 90
Ah, the most rumored question of all times :wink:
My partner found it a bit odd in the beginning but he's more than okay with it now.
We both are quite electronic-equip-minded so we get along just great!
We don't care about the amount of money we spend on our hobbies as long as we have money to buy proper food,
pay our morgage and whatever and live a good life together it's all fine. The perfect agreement as luckily there is more to
life than headphones and gear (not much but there is).
Lying about the money we spend however, is something we both never have to do like it seems some of you do.
I'm grateful for that although that decision is entirely up to you and has nothing to do with the partner (you chose yourself).

Happy listening :wink:

Dec 17, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #82 of 90
she thinks all my headphones sound the same as the ear bud that comes with her ipod
she thinks all headphones are equal
she thinks i am crazy to spend so much money on these things
she wonders why i need to have so many pairs of headphones
she thinks i am an addict

BUT, she doesn't really care, so i can still buy whatever i want.

Dec 17, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #83 of 90
She's positive about me being excited about headphones, but she can give me the look if I've bought another pair of cans. (luckily she learned I also sell some cans quite easily if I don't use them)

At the end of the day, she accepts and knows I will be reasonable and not spend my last bucks on headphones.

She doesn't really understands it though, if she would, she would be spending her online time at head-fi. 

Dec 18, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #84 of 90
As long as I'm not posting/browsing while she's talking it's all good

Dec 23, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #85 of 90
My wife was ecstatic when I let her open up the new headphones I got her for Christmas this year.  I told her that I couldn't go cheap on them because it wouldn't be fair -she deserves better than to hear mediocre quality sound from her media player.  She took a nap later on and woke up telling me that the dream she had was about headphones.  Maybe she's starting to understand where I'm coming from with this all of this headphone business... 

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #87 of 90
Quote:
My wife was ecstatic when I let her open up the new headphones I got her for Christmas this year.  I told her that I couldn't go cheap on them because it wouldn't be fair -she deserves better than to hear mediocre quality sound from her media player.  She took a nap later on and woke up telling me that the dream she had was about headphones.  Maybe she's starting to understand where I'm coming from with this all of this headphone business... 

what did you get her, some R10s?
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #88 of 90
Jan 10, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #89 of 90
my girlfriend does not understand it at all 
confused.gif
. hopefully i can turn her to the dark side eventually!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back