How does your significant other feel about your headphone hobby?
Dec 6, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #62 of 90

Quote:

Quote:
My wife asked me for the best favor.  She wants a new set of headphones and wants me to go shopping with her for them in the near future.  I think I am more excited than she is though. 

​

That's kind of like her asking to marry you, huh?

Haha.  Almost.  I am really happy with it though.  It's a lot of fun trying to figure out which ones will work out the best for her.  Now all I gotta do is get out of Guam (here for a friend's wedding) so we can go shopping!  It's kinda sad that I enjoy going headphone shopping more than going on a vacation in a tropical location...

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #63 of 90

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
My wife asked me for the best favor.  She wants a new set of headphones and wants me to go shopping with her for them in the near future.  I think I am more excited than she is though. 

​

That's kind of like her asking to marry you, huh?

Haha.  Almost.  I am really happy with it though.  It's a lot of fun trying to figure out which ones will work out the best for her.  Now all I gotta do is get out of Guam (here for a friend's wedding) so we can go shopping!  It's kinda sad that I enjoy going headphone shopping more than going on a vacation in a tropical location...

Hahaha. I know the feeling, just bought my girlfriend a pair of ES7s. She loves them and they look great :p Enjoy the rest of your truip!

Dec 9, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #64 of 90
My wife has her own headphone rig (U-dac or EMU 0202 with Triple fi) and joins me for every Bay area meet, and has met some of the members in the process. She joins me for A/B comparisons and gives me her views on the sound. But she doesnt like describing the sound in technical terms. She'll just say, "I like this better" and usually end up saying "his voice sounds better in this" or something along those lines.

She is definitely quite interested and I've spent quite a few fun evenings A/B comparing headphones and amps and dacs with her. She's looking at upgrading her U-dac now to another compact dac/amp. Good fun. :)

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #65 of 90
My wife is completely uninterested, but so long as my hobby doesn't break the bank and keeps me out of trouble she doesn't mind at all.  Of course, phones during dinner or in bed is out.  Overall, a fine arrangement.

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #66 of 90
my girlfriend is mean. : ( she says i can't buy an R10. it's too expensive. she tells me that i can spend $50 on headphones. i tell her that isn't even enough for the cable but she doesn't know what that means.

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #68 of 90

Quote:
Well I guess a used set of the R10 now costs $50 :)

I'm always afraid of using this.  Imagine if she threw it out and said, what are you so upset about they were only $50.  
ph34r.gif

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #69 of 90
Defecate bricks, I would.

Dec 14, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #70 of 90
Lately though I've been trying to acclimatize her to the hobby. The processes has consisted of trying to desensitize her to the prices of things like higher-end amplifiers and headphones, trying to explain why they cost more than other amps/headphones and why some wayward souls such as myself feel it's worth the extra cost. It also involves me admitting on my part that sometimes it's impossible to reasonably legitimize some of it. 

I feel your pain, and share the same remedies, lol.  (Now if I can only find my way out of this quote....)

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #71 of 90

Quote:
My wife is completely uninterested, but so long as my hobby doesn't break the bank and keeps me out of trouble she doesn't mind at all.  Of course, phones during dinner or in bed is out.  Overall, a fine arrangement.

This would cause a slight argument.

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #73 of 90
Thrilled, she is!   She gets all my discards and thinks they all sound "so beautiful"!   The most tolerant, understanding, forgiving and grateful person I have ever met is my dear bride.   I just love her to bits.......especially when she is wearing my old Q-Jays or UM3Xs and can't hear a word I am saying!

Dec 15, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #74 of 90

Quote:
Thrilled, she is!   She gets all my discards and thinks they all sound "so beautiful"!   The most tolerant, understanding, forgiving and grateful person I have ever met is my dear bride.   I just love her to bits.......especially when she is wearing my old Q-Jays or UM3Xs and can't hear a word I am saying!

Yeah that kind of how I feel about my girl who 'loves' sports. She's up shouting and screaming give him the ball, dammit what the hell is wrong with you, you were at the touch down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back