How does the Onkyo DPX1 compare to the Questyle QP1R is sound quality?
Mar 26, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 10
Can see my bank acount is going to take another hit with the DPX 1. If it sounds better than my Questyle QP1R, I'm getting it. Got so much music on an external hard drive and so many CDs cluttering up the place that I need another player anyway. Not familiar with the Cowon Plenue 1, but now i'm interested in it. Wish more local dealers here had some of these items in stock so I could listen to them before paying nearly $1000 dollars for one!

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #7 of 10
On this level, there´s no more "better than". Here it´s only a matter of taste, Gentlemen.  
cool.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #8 of 10
My two cents.

Based on an hour of testing, I think QP1R > Onkyo. Better dynamics, more details, better separation/imaging, with similar soundstage width and depth. It's more neutral/analytical with thinner notation so it might be a matter of preference. Onkyo sounds richer. When I pair them with warmer headphones/IEMs, the QP1R is heaven.

Moreover I think Onkyo is tuned for those who like the AK tuning since I have the AK100ii and the Onkyo sounds like the AK100ii with better bass, better separation and deeper stage. Treble and mids are similar.

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #10 of 10
  Will probably stick with my QP1R based on what you guys are telling me. Probably end up waiting for an future improved edition of that player.as it sounds great.

Oh yeah, I've heard that Plenue P1 and Mojo sounds very similar (not from me though). Mojo sounds just a bit warmer to the side of neutral, and based on reviews the QP1R is on the slightly brighter side of neutral. They will complement each other beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back