How does the Lake People G109 stack up against others in it's price range?
Feb 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TooPoor

500+ Head-Fier
 Pretty simple question for those who have experience with the G109 (preferably P model). I've been through the dedicated thread and am pretty set on grabbing one from Thomann, or Lake People directly. Is it really comparable to it's big brother the V200? Looking for a dedicated headphone amp to replace my Magni (which I find a bit too bright). Oh, and is the 'P' model worth the extra cash for the balanced outputs? I'm either going Fostex TH600 or LCD2.2 so the potential need for balanced outputs needs to be considered.

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
 Pretty simple question for those who have experience with the G109 (preferably P model). I've been through the dedicated thread and am pretty set on grabbing one from Thomann, or Lake People directly. Is it really comparable to it's big brother the V200? Looking for a dedicated headphone amp to replace my Magni (which I find a bit too bright). Oh, and is the 'P' model worth the extra cash for the balanced outputs? I'm either going Fostex TH600 or LCD2.2 so the potential need for balanced outputs needs to be considered.

The P model has balanced inputs, but only singleended outputs. I haven't heard the G109, but in my setup I actually preferred my G100 over a V200 I had on loan. I haven't heard V200 with my HE-500 though.

Jun 6, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #4 of 4
What is the advantage of using balanced inputs with a single ended output? Just compatibility with pro gear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back