How does Rockboxed 5.5g IPod + Earsonics SM3 combo work?
Oct 14, 2010 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

meurglys0

100+ Head-Fier
How does Rockboxed Ipod 5.5g (not Imod or DIYMOD) get along with a pair of Earsonics SM3?

I had a bad experience with Zune 120 + SM3 combo because both were warmish and midforwardy; it looked like a customizable EQ would solve the situation, but unfortunately the Zune 120 harbours none! I heard that Ipod 5.5 is also warmer than the 6th Gen Ipod, so I wanted to hear from Rockboxed Ipod 5.5 owners that the EQ works perfectly to tame the SM3s' midforwardness... Please let me know about your experience with the mentioned combo. 

Oct 15, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 4
I have both, a iPod 5.5g and SM3s but I have not been using them together.  I also have an iPod Touch that I use mostly.  I have not had the SM3s long and am still trying tips and getting use to them.  I have tried to stick to one dap while I was doing this.  I will try them together and let you know what I find.  It may not apply as I do not use Rockbox on this iPod.  I had Rockbox on it but it kept locking up on me, it was too much trouble as I do not use EQ much anyway. 

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
I have both, a iPod 5.5g and SM3s but I have not been using them together.  I also have an iPod Touch that I use mostly.  I have not had the SM3s long and am still trying tips and getting use to them.  I have tried to stick to one dap while I was doing this.  I will try them together and let you know what I find.  It may not apply as I do not use Rockbox on this iPod.  I had Rockbox on it but it kept locking up on me, it was too much trouble as I do not use EQ much anyway. 

You know the Zune 120 doesn't have an EQ and I didn't feel I needed one, but after getting the SM3 I had to have one. That's why I decided to buy a Rockboxable 5.5g Ipod. I recommend you to use Sensorcom double-flanges. SM3 is so great when I can use an EQ... When playing music on my computer and I equalize the sound to my preferences SM3 is like a dream. I hope you like it as much as I -and many others for that matter- like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back