How does Pink Floyd do this?
Jul 14, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by welchie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I know these guys weren't into drugs. Everyone thinks their music is stoner music. Yes, it is, but they were pioneers creating music that just plain captures you stoned or not. I'm in awe of this band.

Uh, righhhhhhhhhtt.. Tell that to Syd Barrett. He used major amounts of hallucinogens and ended up in a loony bin.

The other members experimented with them but none were drug "users". And as far as I know none have used any drugs in a long time.

Jul 14, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #32 of 56
Pink Floyd is one of the most overrated bands in history..

Quote:

And as far as I know none have used any drugs in a long time.

That's the thing- you wouldn't know. I'm sure they all used drugs and continue to do so today to varying degrees.

Jul 14, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gone to the great gig in the sky.

When I read that Rick Wright died, I played that song immediately.

I also listened to Meddle again, the other day. It's stunning how good that CD sounds.

Also, Welchie, there's a few interviews where the band members spoke about their previous drug use. In some interview in a canteen, when recording Dark Side of the Moon, they were clearly, visibly stoned out of their minds. Roger Waters admitted it too.
They did drugs. No big deal.

Jul 14, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #34 of 56
PF did not use drugs but drugs used PF to sell more drugs.

Jul 14, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #35 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by OGTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In your opinion.
rolleyes.gif

That's why DSOTM was the longest running on the Billboard Top 200 charts for 741 weeks.

You may not like them or understand them but that doesn't mean they are overrated at all. People for 3 generations have been enjoying their music.

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #37 of 56
In the 70s we had the people who were straight and the freaks. Timothy gave those people a drug, a voice and an understanding. Some people got it, some it was never ment for. Which one are you?

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #38 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In your opinion.
rolleyes.gif

That's why DSOTM was the longest running on the Billboard Top 200 charts for 741 weeks.

You may not like them or understand them but that doesn't mean they are overrated at all. People for 3 generations have been enjoying their music.

X2

Just to exacerbate your point, 741 weeks is, over 14 YEARS. That's a far cry from overrated in anyone's eyes, even trolls.

Jul 14, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #40 of 56
Why are you whining about drugs. There's so much awesome music made under influence of drugs that one can't really complain.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #41 of 56
Quote:

At CanJam, I won the entire box set of "Oh By The Way / Pink Floyd". I haven't even listened to it yet because I have most of the albums anyway. This box set is so cool though. Every CD is made to look identical to the original vinyl record including the jacket, plastic wrap around the LP, the label printed on the LP, etc. It includes every studio album they ever made and sells for about $240.

I got it for my birthday, and I've loved it. The packaging is awesome by itself, and I just love Pink Floyd.

Jul 14, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #42 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by OGTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Troll much?

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #43 of 56
P.F. is nothing without Roger Waters and Syd Barrett ... despite flashy staging/lighting and glossy post - production/mixing/mastering for albums/dvds and whatever....

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #45 of 56
Syd was schizophrenic long before he ever ate any acid - Roger Waters was explaining this in a dvd interview that I have - he said "don't blame the acid" .
A lot of people take trippy hallucinogens and don't go all Syd-like ....

Quote:

Uh, righhhhhhhhhtt.. Tell that to Syd Barrett. He used major amounts of hallucinogens and ended up in a loony bin.

The other members experimented with them but none were drug "users". And as far as I know none have used any drugs in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back