How does Pink Floyd do this?
Apr 8, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drugs. Lots of them.

Surely helps for the channel separation imo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #19 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pink Floyd is amazing yes! but do u think their songs would suffer at all if it weren't for the impeccably recorded sounds and well executed mixes?

Nope; ive seen them live and they sound incredible.

Jul 13, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #21 of 56
At CanJam, I won the entire box set of "Oh By The Way / Pink Floyd". I haven't even listened to it yet because I have most of the albums anyway. This box set is so cool though. Every CD is made to look identical to the original vinyl record including the jacket, plastic wrap around the LP, the label printed on the LP, etc. It includes every studio album they ever made and sells for about $240.

Jul 13, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #22 of 56
All ya need is relics too.............................. My personal favorite LP of them all
relics_1000.gif
Pink_Floyd__Oh_By_The_Way__Studio_A.jpg

Jul 13, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #23 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and the killer concert DVD. One of the best...evah!

Pulse is still my favorite live DVD. Pure awesomeness!

Jul 13, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #24 of 56
Relics wasn't a studio album though. It was a collection of early singles with much from the Syd Barret years.
wink.gif
But yes, I should get that, too.

It's so funny because at CanJam I was praying to win 2 things... this box set and the Reference One DAC. 1 out of 2 ain't bad!
tongue.gif
I've got no clue what I would have done if I won the Blondie box set -- probably give it back.

I just opened the Wish You Were Here black plastic wrap to see what was inside. Its an album sleeve and inside that is another paper sleeve with the plastic wrap around the CD. There is also a mini Wish You Were Here postcard inside the album sleeve, just like it was on the LP. I can't imagine how much this set cost to originally design. It is so cool.

Jul 13, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #25 of 56
How was it not a studio album? They were 45 rpms because that was what sold. They were recorded in a recording studio. When LPs got big and PF got big they put em all in one place on LP........... Oh,I see your saying it was not a complete concept full album that PF were the masters of. Yes it's a comp.

Jul 13, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How was it not a studio album? They were 45 rpms because that was what sold. They were recorded in a recording studio. When LPs got big and PF got big they put em all in one place on LP........... Oh,I see your saying it was not a complete concept full album that PF were the masters of. Yes it's a comp.

Right. I wish they would have included it in the set, along with the Early Singles CD that they included with the original CD box set. There must have been some licensing issues with whoever holds the rights to Syd Barrett's music, though.

Jul 13, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #27 of 56
I was wondering is this set of remasters beter sounding then Shine On's Black ones?

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #30 of 56
As far as I know these guys weren't into drugs. Everyone thinks their music is stoner music. Yes, it is, but they were pioneers creating music that just plain captures you stoned or not. I'm in awe of this band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back