How does PayPal do it?
Feb 11, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 8
Have not had to use Paypal G&S to fix a Head-Fi or Reddit deal gone wrong, but have used them for a couple online purchases that went awry. Absolutely no problems, not necessarily "prompt" with refunds but definitely not a big hassle, and I did get my money back.

Feb 14, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 8
A ton of patience and then some is needed as disputes can take weeks in my experience. Due to the pandemic employees seem to be working from home without the usual option to ring in which I promise is pretty frustrating and to be honest just not done for a company that so many rely on. At the moment their only support channels are Twitter and via the account's message center, at least for Europe.

More companies should jump on this important service to disrupt Paypal's monopoly. I've read that Revolut offers buyer protection but did not investigate seller side.

Feb 14, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #4 of 8
paypal dispute handling is superb. normal ebay and paypal "support" is about the worst in history, but once you open a dispute you can expect a correct and fair resolution.

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 8
What I said wasn't entirely true. Apparently they can be reached via phone dependant on the in-account issue selection. Choosing ''formal complaint'' got me a representative who did an outstanding job in 20 minutes that none of their chatters picked up on over dozens of messages. All in all and as with any company they're reliable when everything works, but when failing they fail hard.

My experience with FB scam was a nightmare. Never goty $ back

Mind sharing what happened?

Feb 17, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 8
What I said wasn't entirely true. Apparently they can be reached via phone dependant on the in-account issue selection. Choosing ''formal complaint'' got me a representative who did an outstanding job in 20 minutes that none of their chatters picked up on over dozens of messages. All in all and as with any company they're reliable when everything works, but when failing they fail hard.

Mind sharing what happened?
Bought a used laptop payed with Paypal tru FB payment or whatever they call it. Guy was gone no way to contact him. Try to contact FB .after few emails getting nowhere. Got to talk to Paypal. Turns out purchase was under gift/friend payment so no protection. More mad at FB how you pay on marketplace and it's unclear it's not protected. A warning or something would have been nice.
I'm not salty at the guy. It was xmas time I'm sure he needed it more than i do.
Can't believe a giant like FB doesn't have their crap together when it comes to marketplace purchase.

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #7 of 8
Bought a used laptop payed with Paypal tru FB payment or whatever they call it. Guy was gone no way to contact him. Try to contact FB .after few emails getting nowhere. Got to talk to Paypal. Turns out purchase was under gift/friend payment so no protection. More mad at FB how you pay on marketplace and it's unclear it's not protected. A warning or something would have been nice.
I'm not salty at the guy. It was xmas time I'm sure he needed it more than i do.
Can't believe a giant like FB doesn't have their crap together when it comes to marketplace purchase.
FB only cares about your "privacy", data and what you bought so they sell it to 3rd parties. And why did you buy from FB in the first place?
FB is one of the worst business that ever exists. They got what they want and now they're basically telling you to eff off.

Feb 21, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #8 of 8

Mad sour :/ I'm unfamiliar with FB payments but willing to bet there's a fine print somewhere on their website, no? Hey.. a mistake you won't make again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back