how does one select a doctor?
Feb 25, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
So far, he appears to keep current with the latest medical treatments and procedures. I trust him.

I also read this from other posts as if it was something to look for. I can assure you that this is a deontological/professional obligation that is a strict obligation. If the doctor dont take time to update himself he will be in big trouble. At least with guys like me....
biggrin.gif

The professionnal network is indeed a major consideration but so difficult to evaluate. It's sad that the most usual factor used in that choice is the «get along» with the doctor aspect of the relation. That said, if you feel that you dont get proper attention get your files and walk away. I know it's easier said than done in some cities, but it should be dealt that way.

Amicalement

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #17 of 17
1. Check their CV online if avaiable (most practices now have web sites).
2. Check with friends whose opinions you value/trust.
3. If your employed with health insurance, ask some of your co-workers who they like, and the HR dept. may be able to help as well.
4. When you find one, set up an appointment to see if your healthcare philosophy correlates with theirs. If not, and you feel uncomfortable, try another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back