How Does Music Get From iPod To Amp
Aug 23, 2010 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

REDH0RN

100+ Head-Fier
I have been putting a portable system together and may treat myself to a home/desk system as well. After learning that a LOD is the preferred method of outputting from an iPod I ordered an iBasso CB-05. The pictures I have seen of some desk amps show that they utilize RCA's for input source. What is the best way for me to connect to one with my current gear? Only way I can think of is a mini female/female and mini to RCA which seems to add a lot of potentially sound quality robbing cabling.

OK, just realized I can utilize a mini to RCA from the dock. Any other things I should be aware of?

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 6
Don't spend $200 on cables.  
deadhorse.gif
 I think the $2.00 Monoprice cables are very good and allow me to have extra cash, with no loss of quality, to buy more music  

Quote:

OK, just realized I can utilize a mini to RCA from the dock. Any other things I should be aware of?

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 6
Well, various ways, as long as you use an LOD in one way shape or form.  The ibasso LOD you listed, seems to be more of a portable solution with a portable amp.  If you want to use a desktop amp, I like the RCA to LOD cable.  RAM Electronics has various solutions.

Below is one of their cables with a desktop amp that I use.

Aug 25, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

I like their prices and features. What do you think about the one that has a semi detached USB cable? I am worried there might be interference if trying to power / charge while listing to music.

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
REDH0RN said:
Quote:

I like their prices and features. What do you think about the one that has a semi detached USB cable? I am worried there might be interference if trying to power / charge while listing to music.

Hi REDH0RN

I almost purchased one of those but decided against it, since I have several chargers and really did not see the need at the time.  Should work good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back