How does folder watching work in foobar?
Jan 6, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 18
Still show where in foobar? In a playlist/s? That's normal, unless the playlist/s is an "autoplaylist," in which case removing the files from your computer will also remove them from the autoplaylist. Is that what you're referring to?

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I deleted some files from my music folder in windows explorer, but they still show in foobar, unless I manually remove them or click on Library -> Album List. Am I missing something?

Personally, I use Playlist Bind. It won't automatically watch & update your playlists, but it's still quite useful.

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #4 of 18
i think i know what you're talking about, the media library does not update in real-time, so you must go into the preferences to re-"scan"

otherwise, going to EDIT\Remove Dead Items, works very well too.

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #5 of 18
I am currently using 0.9.6.1. I think they fixed this problem. You just have to refresh browser content, and no longer need to rescan.

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think i know what you're talking about, the media library does not update in real-time, so you must go into the preferences to re-"scan"

otherwise, going to EDIT\Remove Dead Items, works very well too.

The media library is absolutely updated in real time. Changes you make are instantly reflected in autoplaylists -- but not standard playlists, as I previously stated.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #7 of 18
What is an autoplaylist vs a standard playlist?

What I did was go into go to Library -> Configure, then added my D:\Music folder to my Media Library, then all my music showed up. When I go back to the configure screen, it says it is "Monitoring" my folder.

uraflit said it above - that's exactly how it is working for me. There's no real-time updating.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

uraflit said it above - that's exactly how it is working for me. There's no real-time updating.

Believe what you want. If you're using v. 9.6 (I think that's when it was introduced, although I could be wrong) there is real-time updating. I use it every day. We can argue opinions, but facts are facts.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Believe what you want. If you're using v. 9.6 (I think that's when it was introduced, although I could be wrong) there is real-time updating. I use it every day. We can argue opinions, but facts are facts.

I'm not arguing or anything. I just want to know if I am missing a step to get it to work. I am using 9.6.1.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #10 of 18
This is my foobar settings:

foobarsw3.jpg

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

I'm not arguing or anything. I just want to know if I am missing a step to get it to work. I am using 9.6.1.

I know we're not literally arguing
wink.gif
, but I can't go much beyond telling you what the facts are -- despite what uraflit stated above. I ask you to go back to my first response to you yesterday: Where are you seeing evidence of the media library not being updated. As I stated, standard playlists will not reflect media library changes, so if that's what you're basing your observations on, please be comforted by the fact that your library is, in fact, still being updated.

Hope that clears things up -- if only a little.

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #12 of 18
Here! Here! Facts are, and I agree, it's a fact.

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to hijack or anything but I'm curious. What skin do you guys use with 9.6.1?

I'd imagine either the Column UI or the default UI... there are some of us that are still using the PanelUI however...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back